2012 Ford Edge engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Edge:

2012 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Dec 212012

After seeing the recent issues w/ the Ford V6 ecoboost engine, I thought it wise to tell about the 2.0L ecoboost engine in my Edge. After owning the vehicle less than a year, I was driving thru a neighborhood at a very slow pace, I started to make a right turn & the car simply died. No shaking, no warning. Lost all power steering & engine compression. Turned off, restarted & all was well. Took to dealership the next week, if we cant replicate it we cant fix it. Last month, my wife was turning right slowly into a parking lot & it happened again. This time Ford kept the car for over a week trying to duplicate the issue, no luck. If we cant find it, we cant fix it. I was told it could be numerous things & no bulletins or fixes at this time. So my pregnant wife now drives a brand new vehicle that decides to die in traffic while turning, maybe in front of oncoming traffic, . I have read numerous complaints online about this same thing happening to other Edge ecoboost vehicles, but alas no fix. In the recent articles I have been reading it says the 2.0L ecoboost engine has not been affected, I feel that is incorrect. I think Ford needs to look into all ecoboost engines & find a fix now or replace the vehicle.

- Imperial, MO, USA