3.2

2013 Ford Edge accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Dec 142015

Edge 6-cyl

We recently heard that the Edge was being investigated because of problems with the door latch. We want to report that we have had that problem. We bought a 2013 Edge in Dec 2015. During the first week we started getting the warning message that the driver's door was open when it was actually not. It did not happen every time we drove the car, but when it did happen, the message kept repeating & there was no way to stop it. On July 26, 2016, we took it to the dealer & found out the problem was the door latch. It cost $486.57 for replacement (see invoice). When I heard about the investigation, I talked to the manager at the dealership & he said that it was ┐possible┐ that we would be reimbursed by Ford if a recall were issued. Another Ford worker in the service department said he does not think there will be a recall because there have not been that many incidents. An ongoing investigation indicates that there must have been plenty of incidents. If this is a design flaw, Ford should be held responsible. We are living on social security and $486.57 is a substantial part of our income. We should not have to pay for Ford's mistake. We urge you to issue a recall so that we can attempt to obtain reimbursement.

- Portsmouth, VA, USA

Oct 012016

Edge

This is for a 2013 Ford Edge sel AWD model, recently the driver's door ajar indicator keeps coming on, and interior lights on with it, slamming the door a few times, sometimes corrects it. But it is an ongoing issue, and seems to be getting more and more frequent, very annoying, and if it does it upon leaving the vehicle parked, interior lights stay on and run down the battery. While driving it sometimes comes on, and unlocks the doors, because it thinks this door is ajar, when in fact the door is closed tight. Ford should recall and fix this issue, apparently it's been going on for years with several different models, and they want more than $400 to repair their faulty switch issue.

- Geneva, NY, USA

Aug 082016

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the door ajar warning indicator randomly flashed and all four doors failed to lock appropriately when necessary. In addition, upon exiting the vehicle, the dome light remained illuminated and the contact had to close the doors several times to get the light to dim. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing, but not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Egg Harbor, WI, USA

Apr 152016

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. While the vehicle was parked, the door ajar warning light illuminated. In addition, all the doors failed to remain locked. The failure occurred constantly. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Dec 072015

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. While parked, the door ajar warning light for the front driver side door illuminated when the door was properly closed. The failure occurred constantly. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 32,000.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Sep 292015

Edge

Attempted to lock door after 'door ajar' chimed on. Slammed door several times but the warning did not go away. Drove to work like this and the doors didn't lock after going 10mph. This occurs everyday. I don't know if my door will open if involved in an accident or what. Nothing has been corrected as of this writing.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jul 312015

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the rear door ajar light illuminated causing the doors not to be able to lock or unlock automatically. The interior lights also remained illuminated, causing the battery to fail prematurely. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where a failure code was located at the rear door locks. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 40,000.

- Long Beach , CA, USA

Mar 152015

Edge

The door lock sensor has become defective on the car causing the door ajar warning to stay on at all times. Being a nurse, I go to work very early and travel for 30 miles each way. When this isn't sensor isn't working the doors will not lock while the key is in the ignition and there is a constant dinging noise to close the door again every time I stop. Driving to downtown dallas is very unsafe in the my car now. The interior lights stay on for miles and it is hard to drive in the dark with the interior lights on. Two dealerships say this is a known problem on the Ford Edge and they have received bulletins on the problem but no recall. They say the sensor needs to be taken out and cleaned, it is not broken therefore the warranty nor extended warranty will not cover the $400 repair. Please help make Ford fix this problem by issuing a recall....updated 10/29/15

- Terrell, TX, USA

Jun 222015

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the driver side door did not lock and the door ajar warning light remained illuminated. The failure recurred daily. The contact had to open and close the door numerous times before it finally locked. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the door lock needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Rincon, GA, USA

Jun 152015

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. Upon starting the vehicle, the doors would not lock and the door ajar warning light illuminated on the instrument panel. The driver side door was not locked. The failure occurred every time the contact entered the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 47,000.

- Lexington, NC, USA

May 152015

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. While driving at a low speed, the doors failed to automatically lock. In addition, the door ajar warning light illuminated even though all the doors were closed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 57,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Lake Forest, CA, USA

Apr 242015

Edge 6-cyl

My 2013 Ford Edge SUV is in the Ford shop as I write this " it's been there since Friday, due to a latch issue " which is a Ford part malfunction. (a bad part) a part that will not last and may need to be replace again.. I google it Friday and saw there are so many complaints on the part, I don"T understand why it?S not recalled or the Ford company I bought it from can?T just replace it. Ford wants $484 from me to replace this part, I am so upset. Plus they have had my car for three days. ? after this I am done with Ford!!! my first new SUV, my first Ford purchase and it"S already in a shop, due to a part that was not a good part to start out with. If you guys want to buy this SUV from me, make me an offer. I am not a happy customer. Ready to go to Toyota or a Honda.

- Millington, TN, USA

Apr 012015

Edge

Drivers side door has a door ajar alarm when door is closed tightly. Lights stay on and doors do not lock.

- Dubuque, IA, USA

Nov 192014

Edge 6-cyl

Sensor in drivers door latch sends message to dash panel "door ajar". this results in a warning bell every time car starts from complete stop. We are concerned there might be something else wrong & we wouldn't notice the warning as it happens so often as we drive.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Oct 302014

Edge

Driver door latch sensor does not recognize that door is closed. Started as intermittent problem now alarm is on all the time. Can hear switch click when manually operated but door ajar alarm will not go out. This prevents various other things from operating properly including safety features. This is obviously a defective part that Ford has installed in many of their vehicles. Every where I turn there are people complaining about this same problem. Most of these cars are not even 2 years old.

- Draperr, UT, USA

Sep 062014

Edge

The driver's side door latch assembly had to be replaced because the sensor always indicated the door was open, sounding the chime, when the door was closed tight. The repair came to the tune of $422.11 for a car that is only one year old!

- Bethel, CT, USA

Jul 082014

Edge 6-cyl

The driver door says its ajar but actually is not, so if driving at night the dome lights are on witch is dangerous and the door locks will not lock if the vehicle system thinks it ajar. I think this should be recalled cause it is a safety issue #1 doors won't lock. #2 interior light won't go out if driving at night.

- Resaca, GA, USA