2013 Ford Edge electrical problems: door ajar light stays on

Door Ajar Light Stays On

2013 Ford Edge (Page 1 of 19)

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Edge has its fair share of problems, but chief among them is an annoying “door ajar” warning light that won’t shut off even when the door is most definitely closed. While the retina-burning, ever-present false reminder on your dashboard is bad, it points to a deeper problem that can drain the battery, leave the doors unlocked while in motion, or render the key fob useless.

7.6

$410

2. replaced door latch assembly (77 reports)
  3. clean or replace door ajar sensor (36 reports)
  4. replace door latch (15 reports)
  5. driver side door latch assembly had to be replaced by dealer (1 reports)
2013 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 1 of 19)

Jun 172019

Edge SEL 3.2L

The door ajar light stays on for my driver door and left passenger door, I've tried to clean it and did not last long, as I'm driving the chime and the interior lights go on and of over and over and it is very distracting, I also am very paranoid as I think the door is going to fly open and throw my child out the door. I'm beyond frustrated and very unimpressed with Ford doing nothing about this to help their Ford Lovers? I've seen so many complaints online for several years and still the same problem, with no fix.........next thing I know my battery will die and I will need to replace that! I was quoted $378 per door to be fixed, I just cannot afford that, even though I work full time and I also have a child I have to provided for on my own. Come on Ford, do right by your name and your production! Recall!!

- Juanita S., chilliwack, BC, Canada

Jun 172019

Edge SE 3.6L

My Ford Edge driver door keeps reading driver door ajar. I'm constantly opening and slamming my door to try and get it off. While the door is closed, the light never goes off on the dash. It is hard to lock my car at night because of the fear my interior lights remain on and I may wake up to a dead car. I love my ford but this is beyond frustrating!!!

- Siedah J., Stratford, CT, US

Apr 012019

Edge SEL

Hard to believe Ford hasn't manned up to this problem. The door won't lock and the dome lights stay on making it very hard to see at night until you reach 20mph when they finally turn off.

- Robert S., Portales, NM, US

May 012019

Edge SE 2L

I've read that a recall hasn't happened because there is not a safety issue however.... I feel that the light and dinging when the light comes on going down the road, and random at any time, is a definite distraction and could very well be a factor in an accident. JMO. I'll be looking to take it to a mechanic other than a Ford dealership as it seems this is another thing to get your $$. Ugh!

- Laura B., Oak Grove, US

Apr 012019

Edge LTD

My 2013 Ford Edge has this door ajar problem. Because it won't lock properly - the car alarm also goes off unexpectedly when the vehicle is parked. This is causing me problems at my residence. It is most definitely a safety issue when you are unable to lock your doors, and you have to drive with bells dinging and the dome lights on.

- Tana M.,

Apr 102018

Edge

My 2013 Ford Edge has been a complete POS. At 50000 miles my driver door ajar light would stay on even when I would slam it shut. This would drain my battery and sometimes wouldn't allow me to lock the car. I have seen numerous complaints about this, maybe one day Ford will own up and pay for the fix. I won't be buying another Ford again.

- bmf3434jk, Phoenix, US

Mar 012019

Edge SEL

I had the driver side Door Ajar problem back at 85k. Now at 136k the passenger side is doing this door ajar warning light. The first fix was under my extended warranty- I pd $100 for that fix out of an expensive warranty- which of course was expired by the time all the problems started showing up- brake booster, rocking seat and now the passenger side Door Ajar. I will not pay again for their faulty workmanship- possibly the class action lawsuit will actually work this yr. If not the $1600 they want to fix the seat, the probable $600 for this passenger side door- all will be someone else's problem as this car will be traded in for a Toyota or Lexus. I will never again buy a Ford, which is a shame because the Edge is a nice car to drive, but the maintenance is not worth it.

- Bonnie F., Grandview, US

Mar 012019

Edge Sport

I just bought the SUV last month.. but I was told by the seller you just have to close hard. It seems to get worse and it now killed my battery which was dangerous for women at 2 am in the dark.

- Sandra S., Elk Grove, US

Feb 072017

Edge

Driver's door ajar sensor does not register that the door is closed. Prevent locking the doors during travel, interior lights remain on during travel, and a reminder tone each time you come to a stop.

- treyrieper, Waxahachie, US

Jan 282019

Edge

This problem has happened sporadically for about 2 weeks, but almost continual today through 75 miles of driving with about 8 stops while I was running errands. Normal ding of door open, when door shut. Click "OK" button on steering wheel and it will temporarily stop. Get up to speed and the little icon on the dash lights up and it occasionally dings. IF there were a fix to just take that wire to ground or to disable it, I would be very happy with that fix.

- Larry W., Ft. White, US

Jan 292019

Edge SEL 3.5L V6

Issue first presented during test drive of vehicle. Salesperson was unaware of issue but we attributed it to user error.

- helchemist, Richmond, US

Jan 012019

Edge V6

The driver door ajar, even the door is closed properly.

- Hang L., Pittsburgh, PA, US

Jul 012018

Edge Limited 3.5L V6

Door ajar light stays on, shift into park stays on, engine on light comes on, overhead lights stay on a long time after car is shut off.

There are recalls for this. I have not had it repaired yet. Been calling the Ford dealership to inquire, but no success on reaching them.

Very frustrating and annoying.

- Lizzy B., Aurora, CO, US

Apr 052017

Edge LS

I am a first time Ford owner and could not be more dissatisfied with Ford. It is crazy, a car this new, would have such an anyoying and potentially costly issue as this and that a prestigious company like Ford refuses to do a simple fix, to keep its customers satisfied! We the consumer should not have to pay to fix something you are aware of! The cost to Ford to fix this issue can’t be more then the amount of revenue loss from dissatisfied Edge owners and our word of mouth to others, who are considering purchasing a Ford product!! I’ve always been told in business, your best and worst advertisement, can be persons word of mouth...and right now mine is not a positive one! My product was less then 4 years old, with less then 75,000 miles. SHAME on you Ford! you should stand behind your products for at least the first 100,000 miles, given today’s technology and advances! Or slow your roll. I am from ageneration where auto companies took pride in themselves, in building automobiles that could withstand the test of time! I guess the sense of time got moved to out the showroom door.......

- Terrie B., Lexington, KY, US

Nov 192018

Edge Limited V6

Door ajar light stays on, I'm probably going to break my window for how many times I got to open and shut the door for the light to turn off. Too much $ at dealer. How can I fix it myself??

- Mindy N., Alice, TX, US

Sep 102018

Edge

Really getting tired of having to sit there and try to close my door 50 times any time I get in and out and watch and hope it registers as closed. From all the opening and closing and slamming and trying to get it off panel on the door is now coming loose. Always worried it is going to kill the battery and cost me even more time and money. We have only had this car for about 3 years.

- Constance D., Cleveland, OH, US

Oct 052018

Edge Limited 3.2L V6

Just mad mad mad mad mad mad.

- Frank N., Aurora, CO, US

Jul 012018

Edge SEL V6

This light issue is very annoying!! It keeps my interior lights on while I am driving and doesn't allow the system to lock my doors automatically!!

- Tarah Z., Sahuarita, US

Dec 122017

Edge

When door ajar light started staying on it was winter months so frigid cold weather was 1st cause of blame due to the fact it was not consistent. After a several months it just got worse and eventually it just came to be that the door is always "ajar". Thankfully once in gear the overhead interior lights do turn off and because of the automatic shut off after 10mins or so my battery is saved as well.

- Bethany L., Edmonton, AB, Canada

Jun 232018

Edge SEL V6

Cleaned with electrical contact cleaner, lubed with WD40. Still comes on when I use the car. Sometimes it will randomly turn off while driving. It also has a box on the dash display that says "shift to park" and occasionally says " engine running". Can't lock the doors while this is on.

- Bob R., Fort Wayne, IN, US