- May 14: Ford Transit Wheels and Tires May Fall Off: Recall recalls | 1 days ago
- May 13: Ford Explorer Hood Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 2 days ago
- May 12: Ford F-150 Warped Dashboard Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 3 days ago
- May 9: Ford Explorer Recall Includes 661,000 Vehicles recalls | 6 days ago
- April 27: Ford Mustang Transmission Lawsuit Survives news | 18 days ago
2011 Ford Edge
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: A frustrating electrical issue is causing an ever-present “door ajar” warning light for 2011-2013 Ford Edge owners. Even with the doors latched shut, faulty sensors convince the vehicle’s computer they aren’t. With no way to override the system, owners have no choice but to stare at the warning light, listen to the warning chimes when the car is stopped, and deal with interior lights that won’t shut off.
Worst 2011 Ford Edge Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- electrical problems251NHTSA complaints: 647
- interior accessories problems45NHTSA complaints: 38
- engine problems44NHTSA complaints: 264
- brakes problems25NHTSA complaints: 197
- transmission problems21NHTSA complaints: 1
- lights problems9NHTSA complaints: 178
- windows / windshield problems9NHTSA complaints: 6
- steering problems5NHTSA complaints: 27
- cooling system problems4
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 89
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 259
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 69
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 162
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 17
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 215
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 10
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 8
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Edge Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Edge compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Edge overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Edge.