- August 8: Ford F-150 Doors Won't Latch Closed in the Cold: Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- August 7: 1.4 Million Ford F-150 Trucks Investigated for B-Pillar Fires investigations | 12 days ago
- August 6: Ford Emissions Lawsuit Says Power Stroke Engines Illegal news | 13 days ago
- July 24: Ford Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Gains Traction in Florida news | 26 days ago
- July 23: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Concerns Heard in Court news | 27 days ago
2011 Ford Edge
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: A frustrating electrical issue is causing an ever-present “door ajar” warning light for 2011-2013 Ford Edge owners. Even with the doors latched shut, faulty sensors convince the vehicle’s computer they aren’t. With no way to override the system, owners have no choice but to stare at the warning light, listen to the warning chimes when the car is stopped, and deal with interior lights that won’t shut off.
Worst 2011 Ford Edge Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- electrical problems217NHTSA complaints: 589
- interior accessories problems43NHTSA complaints: 33
- engine problems39NHTSA complaints: 233
- brakes problems20NHTSA complaints: 89
- transmission problems19
- windows / windshield problems9NHTSA complaints: 6
- lights problems8NHTSA complaints: 159
- steering problems5NHTSA complaints: 24
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 85
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 239
- cooling system problems2
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 62
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 154
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 193
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 9
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 5
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Edge Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Edge compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Edge overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Edge.