- May 25: Ford Bronco Seat Belt Problems Cause Recall of 175,000 Broncos recalls | 8 days ago
- May 19: Ford and Lincoln Backup Camera Recall Failed recalls | 14 days ago
- May 17: Ford Truck Steering Wheel Clock Spring Recall to Begin recalls | 16 days ago
- May 12: Ford Recalls 2.3L RWD, 3.3L Gas, 3.3L FHEV and 3.0L ST Explorers recalls | 21 days ago
- May 11: Ford Recalls Explorer Police Interceptor Utility SUVs recalls | 22 days ago
Door Ajar Light Stays On
2011 Ford Edge (Page 1 of 12)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: A frustrating electrical issue is causing an ever-present â€œdoor ajarâ€ warning light for 2011-2013 Ford Edge owners. Even with the doors latched shut, faulty sensors convince the vehicleâ€™s computer they arenâ€™t. With no way to override the system, owners have no choice but to stare at the warning light, listen to the warning chimes when the car is stopped, and deal with interior lights that wonâ€™t shut off.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 81,100 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 239 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (140 reports)
- replace door ajar sensor (47 reports)
- replace door latch assembly (39 reports)
- spray latch with WD-40 (4 reports)
- repair latch, sensor (3 reports)
- clean contact (2 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 2011 Edge problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
This is the third time this vehicle has had this problem. This particular door ajar (front passenger door) was fixed in June 2017, only to break again right after the 2 year warranty expired. In October of 2018 the driver side door had the same problem.
- Carol S., Omaha, US