7.6

2. replaced door latch assembly (61 reports)
  3. clean or replace door ajar sensor (26 reports)
2013 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 1 of 12)

Jun 152016

Edge SEL

I have a 2013 Ford Edge and within the last month the door ajar warning comes on every time I drive the vehicle. In the last six months that I have owned the vehicle it was a problem only off and on but has become consist at this point. I have done some research and see that Ford knows about this problem and has recalled other Ford models for this very reason. This is a safety hazard, the door can open while driving and is unable to be locked while driving if the ajar warning is on, which raises the risk of car high jacking. Why is Ford not doing a recall to correct this problem?

- , Lakewood, CO, USA

May 032016

Edge LL V6

This electrical system is messed up. From the "door ajar" message to the "auto lights" not working to the rear windshield wiper running all night and burning the motor out on it's own, this electrical system needs serious attention or replacement. Oh yea, and my wife's key less entry doesn't work. How could such an expensive vehicle ($42,000+) fail in so many areas just after warranty? It all began at about 37,000 miles with the door ajar problem, but when we took it in to the dealership, they told us it wouldn't do it for them and that they couldn't fix something that wasn't acting up.

All in all, we think this car is stylish and comfortable. But when we spend that kind of money and within 3.5 years end up with all these expensive problems, it's time to call the BBB, which is EXACTLY where I'm headed.

I don't know what else to do. It would have been nice to have been notified by Ford having them acknowledge that they were aware of some potential problems, rather than waiting for people like me to do what they are forcing me to do.

Bill Graham

- , Iowa City, IA, US

Feb 062017

Edge

Many of my fellow Ford Edge users have stated all that needs to be said about this dreadful situation. I have been fortunate to not have the issue arise while driving at night. Anyhow, long story short - my left passenger door continues register as ajar when I know it's closed. I have had to open and close the door on one occasion at least 15x before the dome light went off! This is totally unacceptable and has caused me not pass this vehicle onto her as her first vehicle. I will - without a doubt - never buy another Ford product again. Not just because of this ajar issue but because they are not willing or able to fix the issue. Just poor customer service on their part and I refuse to be loyal to a brand that does not reciprocate. I'm taking my business elsewhere! FIX the doggone issue FORD!!!!

- , Fayetteville, NC, US

Sep 062016

Edge

Door ajar alarm never goes off. Wife ready to kill me because of noise beeping all the time.

- , Okatie, SC, US

Feb 012017

Edge

My door ajar light comes on and stays on. It drains my battery because the overhead lights stay on thinking the door is open and then when you are driving your car beeps at your everytime you come to a light and says, shift to park so you can close a door. Super annoying. I shouldn't have to fix it if its a known problem with thousands of edges. Why TF I keep buying Fords is a damn mystery to me. I had a fusion and it was the biggest lemon. Sold it for this car and what do you know. Another lemon. Come on ford, step it up and recall this issue.

- , Lehi, UT, US

May 012017

Edge

Can't believe this isn't a recall! Come on Ford!!!

- , Bethany, OK, US

Jun 302016

Edge SEL V6

Couple of months after buying our Ford Edge the issue with the door started. It was on and off at first but now its almost constant. When we bought the vehicle the dealership said it was covered under the warranty, when we took it in to get the work done (couple of months later) the dealership said now we are over on the miles and it is no longer covered and our extended insurance will not cover the repair. Already shelled out $300+ to replace the battery do to this issue. Ford needs to step up to the plate and issue a recall already!

- , Gaithersburg, US

May 262017

Edge Limited 3.5L

A royal pain to have the dash board dinging and telling you to put the car in park and close the door when the door is closed and doing what they ask does not stop the problem.

- , Renfrew, PA, US

Dec 152014

Edge Limited

We bought the car used. The door ajar light didn't come on immediately. When it started to come on more frequently (within a month of having it), I took it to Covington Ford. They looked at it, plugged it up to a machine, and couldn't duplicate the problem. My car was still under warranty, but in the fine print, it says, door latches not covered.

Covington Ford quotes me $750 to fix the problem. Needless to say, we didn't get the problem fixed. If we added a complaint EVERY SINGLE time this same happened, we'd be asked to stop complaining. It has been 2 1/2 years and the problem happens every time we drive the car. And now it's not just happening on the driver's side, but the passenger's side too. (That's actually worse than the driver's side most days.) We have replaced the battery twice because on occasions we can't get the lights to go off, or the just come on sitting g in the driveway, it drains the battery.

We have had two Fords. And that is two Fords too many! Never again. Problems with both.

- , Rutledge, GA, US

Mar 012016

Edge LL V6

This is nothing new to Ford according to the local dealership, yet they offered nothing to fix the problem. We constantly have to slam the door several times almost every time we drive the car. Very annoying for a $42,000 vehicle!.

- , Iowa City, IA, US

Jun 012017

Edge SEL

Once again....door ajar. Its is currently at the dealers and they have notified me that it will be $355.00 to fix. Lasted only a few months from the 'cleaning' kit. SO ANNOYED! FORD....FIX THIS DAMN PROBLEM BY DOING A RECALL!

- , Hagersville, ON, Canada

May 062017

Edge Limited 3.5L V6

I bought this car used and it started doing this a week after I purchased it. I have to slam the door extremely hard SEVERAL times until the light goes out. I read on the internet that this is a defective part and EVERYBODY who owns one has the same problem eventually but few report it. WTF

- , Roseville, US

May 222017

Edge SEL V6

I have been having an issue with my door ajar light on my 2013 Ford Edge, now I think it is affecting the automatic windows also. I have to slam the door multiple times to get it to lock and the lights go off. It has also turned on while driving if I rest my arm on the arm rest. The window will intermittently not work as well when this occurs. It is so annoying and the more I read the more sad I am to learn that Ford won't fix this and I will have to pay out of pocket. I love my car, but had no idea this annoying issue would occur, causing me to lose faith in Ford now,

- , Rancho Santa Margarita, US

May 262017

Edge SEL 3.2L

The door ajar indicator light started coming on in my 2013 FORD Edge and my drivers side door was shut. I kept having to pull over to open and shut my door thinking this would solve the issue but it only got worse. My car is not secure when I am driving as the doors won't lock. I live in a big city and can't even be secure in my own vehicle! When I park my car and get out and shut the door, the interior lights stay on causing the battery in my car to die. I have called Ford service department and they want me to bring it in (so they could charge me $500) but I declined after reading all the negative reviews online and the money this issue is costing others.

!! This should be a recall and it's nothing more than a rip off !! I need a quick fix rather than an expensive charge from FORD.

- , Cypress, US

Jun 072017

Edge SEL 3.5L

This was fixed by dealer Prime Ford in Auburn, MA.

I am retired and cannot pay again less then a year later. $225.00

This is a Ford problem and there have been many recalls on it. I spoke with a private repair shop and they said Ford has had this problem for a number of years.

- , North Grafton, US

Mar 012017

Edge SEL 3.7L

Just another example of Ford's uncaring attitude for anything past taking your money at purchase. It's stuff like this that causes buyers to go to other brands.

- , Mariposa, US

May 172017

Edge Limited V6

My driver side door keeps getting the light on dash saying the door is ajar. It's not. We have to close it multiple times and finally it goes off but then comes on again. This problem has ran my battery dead and I've had to replace my battery.

- , Denver, CO, US

Sep 162016

Edge SEL

The door ajar icon would come on my dash board. I would open and close the door a few times, and it would seem to be ok. Got annoying QUICKLY! Took it in, performed the 'cleaning kit'.

- , Hagersville, ON, Canada

May 012017

Edge ES 3.2L V6

Very annoying. Car alarm won't engage. Lights stay on after locking. Alarm indicator constantly dinging while driving telling me to stop and close door. Locks won't engage while driving. Took it to Ford and they said they had to do a diagnostic...which cost me over 100 dollars, which turns out was unethical as they knew what the problem was in the first place. Quoted me $560.00 to fix, so looking for an alternative currently.

- , whitby, ON, Canada

Jul 012016

Edge Limited V6

Driver door will not lock while car is running. I get door ajar message although door is closed tight. When I stop I get shift to park message. The interior lights also stay on for an extended period of time.This should not happen to a vehicle with only 36,000 miles. If this issue does not become a recall, this will be the last Ford that I purchase.

- , Piscataway, NJ, USA