7.6

2. replaced door latch assembly (55 reports)
  3. clean or replace door ajar sensor (22 reports)
2013 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 1 of 10)

Apr 192017

Edge SEL FWD

Purchased 2013 Ford Edge in 2015 as Ford Certified Used. Reported the problem the first time 7 months after purchase. All they did was (in service writer's words) "cleaned out the gunk - you should be good to go" and there was no charge.

Started happening again approximately 6 months later and getting worse. Now it is out of the "NEW" warranty and was covered under the Extended Warranty I purchased but still cost me $100 deductible.

In my opinion, since so many complaints have been filed, it should be fixed without charge by Ford under a formal recall.

If I had to pay full price, I would not have fixed it and had the chime noise wires yanked.

- , Oregon, US

Dec 202016

Edge SEL 3.5L V6

If Ford doesn't do any recall, for that this is my last Ford product.

- , Mercier, QC, Canada

Apr 182014

Edge Limited V6

In 2014 for the first time my "door ajar" light stayed on after the door was closed. Ford assumed liability and replaced the latch which did not last but 1 year and I was back. Recently back for the 4th time in 5 years...

- , Western Springs, IL, US

Mar 012017

Edge

Reported to me by my sister on her vehicle. She described what was going on...and I looked into it and find this is apparently a well known problem. Have not fixed it yet, but it certainly looks remarkably expensive or at least time consuming to fix.

- , Carpinteria, CA, US

May 112016

Edge AWD 3.5L V6

Door ajar light and overhead dash lights activated when door is closed properly. I have used lubricant but that really doesn't help. Sometimes it requires 15 openings and closings of the driver door to turn on the ajar indicator. Once in a while the ajar will activate while driving down the road-not good at night-the overhead dash lights obscure the vision thru the windshield. This is a bad setup and there should be a recall.

- , Placerville, CA, US

Mar 222017

Edge SEL

Door ajar idiot light comes on and stays on dinging all the time while driving. Doors will not lock automaticity and the interior lights (2) above the rear view mirror and outside mirrors will not shut off while driving or turning the car off. We purchased and extended warranty so we had to pay $100.00 out of pocket for our deductible. Had we not had the extended warranty our bill was $598.67.

This has been a problem with Ford vehicles since 2011. I feel Ford should have recalled these vehicles and fixed the problem for free. Something should be done to protect consumers from having to pay out of their pockets for faulty parts. This was not something that happened because of anything we did nor was it something that would fall under "normal wear". It also affected our battery and now we need to also buy a new battery!

- , Largo, US

Oct 182014

Edge SEL 3.2L V6

At any given time the lights inside the car come on like the car is running, back lighting stays on and drains the battery - they haven't been able to pin point the issue or fix it........now saying I need to replace my battery yet again.......seriously??

- , Orlando, FL, US

Sep 302014

Edge Limited V6

Door latch light stays on even though the door is fully closed. Other than the beeping every time I come to a stop, the biggest problem is that it keeps my dome light on overnight which is really draining on the car battery.

- , Delmar, NY, US

Jul 152015

Edge Limited

when I close my door the light comes on saying "door not closed" you can close it 20 times and it will say the same thing. It has run down my battery at times. Sometimes it comes open while I am driving it. Sometimes just the light (as well as dome lights ) come on . I see it was not deemed a safety issue. Well , when you spend that much on a vehicle who wants to put up with that annoying light. It beeps additionally every stop while the car is running . Eventually it will go out but the "put car in park and close door" with the beep is extremely annoying. I wish these people who made it and tested it for safety had the same issue. I bet it would be fixed then. Ford wants to charge appx 500.00 to fix their problem

- , Georgetown, US

Mar 012017

Edge V6

Passenger door ajar light comes on--and stays on. Tried slamming door, turning off car and starting again. Sometimes these work--but not all the time. Dome lights stay on because it "thinks" the door is still open. You can hit the "ok" Button and it may go off, not always. Frustrated.

- , Lubbock, US

Jan 152017

Edge SEL V6

The problem is a safety issue. If you have kids they can open the doors while the car is moving. You can't lock the doors! Also if it is dark the interior lights come on disturbing your night vision. If Ford does not fix this there WILL not be a 5th new Ford in my driveway. What happened to quality first? The Edge is junk. Worst car I have ever owned.

- , Murrieta, US

Mar 162017

Edge SEL V6

The door latch sensor stopped working so vehicle was constantly giving me the "door ajar" message and the interior lights would not shut off (even after a long wait period). This made it impossible to use the car, since if it sat for any length of time it drained the battery. As a woman, I do not need to have to worry about having a dead car battery when I'm somewhere alone at night.

They have issued recalls for several other Ford models for this and other door latch problems., Why not the Edge?

- , Forest Lake, MN, US

Jun 042015

Edge Limited

When switch was working improperly, light on dash was going off along with door open alarm, and door latch would not engage

- , Perkiomenville, US

Apr 012016

Edge SE V6 3.2L

Bought the car with mileage from a dealership. It started then, dealer said to take to Ford dealer, they wanted $340 to fix it, but would not guarantee the fix. Had it towed 4 times, car would not start, had to buy new key, cost $627.

- , Bullhead City, US

Jan 112017

Edge SEL 2.0L I4

I'm in the army and work in an office that makes it hard to go out to my vehicle to retrieve the VIN. Will do this at a later date. My wife complained that the door ajar light was coming on for the left rear door of the car. I noticed this was intermittent, but this past weekend, the interior lights stayed on and drained the battery. This has already cost us a new battery, and now that the vehicle is out of warranty by 3 months, will cost even more money to fix the problem. Not happy with the build of this vehicle that we paid over $30k for brand new.

I was able to close the door and have the light turn off for now. We just cannot use that door until it is fixed, or drain another battery. I'm a die-hard Ford fan, having owned 4 Ford vehicles in my lifetime. My family is too. These problems are going to cause me to possibly go with another manufacturer for my wife's next vehicle.

I'll find out more when I take it to the dealer to have the part assessed. Not the first Door Ajar light problem on this car.

Dec 022015

Edge SEL 2.0L I4

This was the first issue with the car, as the driver door ajar indicator stayed lit. The dealer verified and replaced under warranty. Not happy, but so far it is good to go.

Oct 262016

Edge SEL 2.0L I4

This one was reported to me by my wife while I was deployed in support of a PACOM mission. upon my return, I verified and set up an appointment with the dealer. They verified it was the sensor for the Right Rear door, and replaced under warranty. Issue went away until the next door sensor went bad.

Aug 012016

Edge Limited V6

This problem happened first with the drivers door which ford fixed. However, it has now happened again with the left rear door and I guess I willl have to give up the vehicle for 1/2 to 1 day to get it repaired. Really should fix all doors since it appears that the problem is moving from door to door.

- , College Station, TX, USA

Aug 012015

Edge sel V6

I took it to the dealer and they said that they cycled the latch and that is was all fixed. abut a month later it was doing it again but now the dealer tells me that I would have to pay for the latch repair and that there would be no help from Ford. I would pay for the full repair even though it was bad while still under warranty, but once out of warranty I now have to pay out of pocket to replace, it should have been replaced when I complained about it while it was under warranty

- , Kingsville, MD, USA

Oct 012016

Edge 3.5L V6

My driver door ajar light kept staying on all the time, and even made my interior light stay on as well when driving. I suspect it is not the door sensor issue, but the door latch.

- , Saint-Laurent, QC, Canada