7.6

2. replaced door latch assembly (50 reports)
  3. clean or replace door ajar sensor (18 reports)
2013 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 1 of 9)

Aug 012015

Edge sel V6

I took it to the dealer and they said that they cycled the latch and that is was all fixed. abut a month later it was doing it again but now the dealer tells me that I would have to pay for the latch repair and that there would be no help from Ford. I would pay for the full repair even though it was bad while still under warranty, but once out of warranty I now have to pay out of pocket to replace, it should have been replaced when I complained about it while it was under warranty

- , Kingsville, MD, USA

Oct 012016

Edge 3.5L V6

My driver door ajar light kept staying on all the time, and even made my interior light stay on as well when driving. I suspect it is not the door sensor issue, but the door latch.

- , Saint-Laurent, QC, Canada

Edge SEL V6

The problem with my door ajar light coming on was horrible!!! It took me 3-10 times closing my door EVERY time I closed it to turn the light off. It would keep telling me to put my car in park and close door when it was already closed. Brought vehicle to local Ford dealer and the cost was over $400 to fix!!! What a waste of money...this should have been a recall for this vehicle. The car is only 4 years old and I'm the only owner. No reason for this to be an issue at all. Maybe if car was older, but four years? Ridiculous! FORD.....do a recall and save some people from shelling out this high cost for your mistake!

- , Otsego, US

Nov 212016

Edge SEL

When the light first started coming on, I assumed there was moisture in the door latch after a car wash and I live in a cold climate. The problem occurred about once per week and the light would go off if I opened/closed the door 1-2 times. Beginning about a week ago, the door ajar light would come on daily and it would go off if I slammed the door multiple times. For the past two days, every single time I get into my car, the door ajar light comes on and the only way I can get it to turn off is to open/close my door, turn off my car and restart it. The past 3 times I got into my car, the light did not immediately turn on but turned on after I began driving down the road, after driving 1/2 mile even. When this happened, all interior lights in the car came on as well as an alarm warning me the door was ajar and the car cued to me "shift to park". I pulled over to restart car and the light went off. I will be taking my vehicle to get this repaired so that is why my review currently does not list a cost to fix. This is a HUGE safety concern now that I know the door ajar light does not always immediately come on and that this could happen when I'm driving down the highway. Ford needs to recall this!

- , Bonduel, WI, US

Apr 012016

Edge Eco Boost

Defective switch in door that causes Door Ajar light to remain on. Door locks do not engage, drains power from battery, constant warning message to put car in park.

- , Huntington Beach, US

Edge SEL 3.4lV6

This is Really bad because the safety feature for the doors to lock dosen't work so a child could potentially open the doors. Also the lights stay on and drains the battery which causes premature battery failure. Plus at night time it makes it hard to see with the interior lights on.

- ,

Jan 012017

Edge

The chimes are annoying during the day but a real safety problem at night. The interior lights do not immediately shut off therefore making it very difficult to see. Just a matter of time before the visual impairment causes an accident. Ford, fix your problems when it is not just a random occurrence!!

- , Slayton, US

Feb 142017

Edge V6

The lights won't go out even after you exit the car because it still thinks the door is open. You can't lock the vehicle because the sensor thinks the door is open. The battery wears down because the lights are on. Its a huge problem. I had it fixed two years ago when my vehicle was still under warranty and that work was warranted for two years, but it just started again a month out of warranty. It will cost $250 for dealership to fix.

- , Broken Arrow, OK, US

Feb 082017

Edge SE

After closing the driver's side door, the door ajar light still stays on... no matter how hard you slam the door or how many times you close it. Then the car beeps and dings at you everywhere you go when you touch the brake because it wants you to shift to park and close the damn door.

- , Lakeland, US

Jan 012017

Edge

This has clearly been an ongoing issue with Ford, yet it still has not been recalled. Why?

- , Watervliet, US

Jan 192017

Edge SE V6

this is an extremely annoying problem. My door ajar light comes on sometimes while i am driving. It has already drained one battery. I have to check to see if my lights turn off when i close the door to make sure I do not run the battery out again. Sometimes it takes several tries to get the door to "close" and the lights to turn off.

- , San Angelo, TX, US

Apr 012016

Edge Limited V6

As with many other complaints on the same problem, my driver door ajar light stays on when all the doors are locked. Not only does it make my interior light stay on, you can't lock the door when in use, which creates a safety hazard. I have gone through two batteries and have spent a lot of time trying to make it work correctly and researching fixes for the problem. There are so many complaints on Fords with this same problem, that it should be covered under the recall. Ford is aware of the problem and refuses to fix their faulty material.

- , Alexander, AR, US

Feb 202017

Edge SEL

Door ajar light stays on which causes interior lights to stay on when car is turned off and parked which then causes the battery to die. Have to open and shut driver door 10+ times to get light to turn off.

- , Melbourne, FL, US

Edge Limited

My car is barely 3 yrs old and the door ajar light, dome light, and put car in park light/warnings beep continuously as you are driving. I took to Ford dealership and of course, they said it isn't covered under warranty and the part is $400+ - not sure what the labor will be (they had to order the part).

- , Casselberry, FL, US

Sep 062016

Edge ELS V6

Door ajar light is always on. WD40 doesn't work. Took to the dealer, said would cost $600 to repair it.

- , Pleasanton, US

Mar 062017

Edge

Paid WAY too much money for this aggravation. Battery about to fail.

- , Port Saint Lucie, FL, US

Mar 052017

Edge Limited 3.5L,V6

The driver's side door ajar light comes on each time I start my edge and stays on until it is shut off. This causes other problems such as other lights coming on when the car slows down such as engine on, put in park, etc. My interior lights have a mind of their own coming on at different times day and night draining my old battery. Had to buy a new battery 3-4-16. Also cannot leave keys in ignition at all even with key pulled out keeps dinging. This has been going on for almost a month straight and is driving me crazy and has left me stranded twice when my battery was dead.

Mar 062017

Edge Limited 3.5L,V6

The driver's side door ajar light is on all the time the engine is running causing other lights to malfunction and come on at lower speeds. My interior lights come on at different times of the day and night. Cannot leave keys in the ignition switch except to start edge because the dinging drives you crazy even if key is pulled out it still dings. I have been stranded twice now because of these lights coming on and draining my battery. Saturday I was forced to buy a new battery which cost $160. I have read from several others to get the door ajar light fix it costs from $400-$500 and it doesn't lasts. I do not have that kind of money to spend and why would I when it is a waste and Ford should be fixing this problem.

Feb 122017

Edge Limited 3.5L,V6

Light comes on each time edge is started and stays on, also causes other lights to come on as I slow down. Overhead lights come on randomly and drain my battery. Cannot leave keys in ignition switch.

Feb 012017

Edge SEL 3.5L V6

Another ford edge owner with a very annoying drivers door ajar light often comes on, on the dash. Indicates drivers door.!!

- , Knoxville, TN, US