2013 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 11 of 26)

Mar 032016

Edge

My Ford Edge 2013 is not turning off the overhead lights when I close the driver side door and when driving I get a warning stating that the door is ajar.sometimes after slamming the driver door two to three times it goes away.it has become quiet annoying and dangerous when I drive since it becomes a constant distraction.I have gone to the dealer and they state that either the sensor or the latch have become faulty..really?...I think its about time for Ford to do a recall and correct this issue since I have talked to other Ford owners with the same exact issue in there offices.

- San Juan, PR, USA

Mar 202016

Edge

Door ajar light comes on after shutting the drivers door, doors will not lock, interior lights stay on, when you stop it tells you to put in park. It can happen any time, and stop at any time. Sometimes you can shut the drivers door a little harder and it will go out. Sometimes, the door ajar light comes on while driving down the road.

- Ivoryton, CT, USA

Mar 152016

Edge

The drivers door is showing open on the instrument panel even when closed. There is also and audible alarm warning that the door is not closed. The door lock feature will not engage when the vehicle is in motion. I am unsure if the door is safely latched at all

- Seneca, SC, USA

Mar 032016

- Eatonton, GA, USA

Mar 162016

Edge

Door ajar sensor stays on as if door is open. Dome light stays on and car will not lock properly. Whether I am in motion parked or just idle the door ajar signal stays on and I have to open and close the door 2-10 time every time. Also, my back up camera is functional but the picture won't come up on the screen.

- Oviedo, FL, USA

Jun 182015

Edge

The driver door ajar alarm comes on when the door is securely closed. The interior lights will not go off which can be a driving hazard and will also drain the battery. The doors will not lock. This problem first occurred at about 47,000 miles and I took the car to the dealer in June 2015. I have an extended warranty, so I had to pay $107 deductible for them to clean the switch. The problem has occurred again in March 2016.

- Conyers, GA, USA

Dec 072015

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. While parked, the door ajar warning light for the front driver side door illuminated when the door was properly closed. The failure occurred constantly. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 32,000.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Mar 092016

- Worthington, OH, USA

Dec 012013

Edge

Door ajar light goes on. Have taken the car in several times for the same thing still not fixed. This weekend soon after I bought the car I do not remember the date they will have it at the mechanic I'm sure or somewhere in my file folders

- Pinon Hills, Ca., CA, USA

Mar 012016

Edge

When starting car I get message: Drivers door ajar-the door is securely latched, overhead lights come on and stay on, locks will not engage when message is on. Warning stays on while driving. Multiple complaints online with owners that are experiencing the same problem.

- Prior Lake, MN, USA

Dec 282015

Edge

Driver door ajar sensor remains on when door is closed. When driving, front interior lights remain on and the doors will not lock from inside.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Mar 012016

Edge

Driver side door switch sticks and the vehicle computer thinks the door is open when it is closed.

- Rockford, MI, USA

Mar 082016

Edge

Driver's door ajar warning keeps coming on. It would go away after a few attempts, or some cleaner sprayed into the locking mechanism area. But now, it's warning at all times. Dome lights stay on, warning chimes when the car isn't moving quickly, and car doors won't lock B/C it thinks the door is ajar. I think that and having lights on when you're reversing at night are the two biggest safety issues. The other issues are just annoying and likely wearing out battery power with the lights staying on. I've read that some other Ford and Lincoln models have had recalls on this locking mechanism so hoping that the Edge gets the same treatment. Seems like a silly issue for a 2013 car with 37K miles on it.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Jan 012016

Edge

Door ajar warning light stays on constantly. This is a safety concern as the doors will not lock and this endangers the safety of the occupants of the vehicle. The warning bell rings whenever the vehicle is in motion. Also, the interior lights stay on which is a major concern for night driving.

- Keller, TX, USA

Jan 162016

Edge

When I shut driver door with engine on the door adjar light stays on even when door is shut. Turn car off and exit and shut drivers door interior lights stay on and eventually run battery down.dealer says the contacts in door latch switch need to be cleaned. Fix lasts only about 2 weeks. Brought back under warranty 3 times. Dealer will not replace part only clean. My warranty runs out in one month.

- La Quinta, CA, USA

Sep 092015

Edge

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. After closing the driver side door, the door ajar warning light illuminated. The failure indicated that the door was still open and caused the dome light to remain illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manuacturer was notified ofthe failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 60,000. The VIN was not availiable.

- Hinesville, GA, USA

Feb 262016

Edge

I just purchased my Ford Edge 2 weeks ago and the rear left door ajar light keeps coming on when the door is not open. I have stopped the car, open and closed the door but the light will still stay on. When we lock the doors at night, the alarm will go off several times in the middle of the night. Worried if the doors are even locking at this point. I called a Ford dealership and they said it was just a technical service bulletin and not a recall.

- Rocky Point, NC, USA

Feb 082016

Edge

I am the owner of a 2013 Ford Edge. The driver door ajar light keeps coming on when the door is securely shut. The interior lights remain lit and doors will not lock. Sometimes it will go off after repeatedly slamming the door shut but not always. I feel this is a danger because of driving at night with the light on. I also have children in the car that could possibly open the door while the car is going.

- Decatur, TX, USA

Oct 152015

Edge

After about 40,000 miles, my car started alerting me that my drivers door was ajar when clearly it was closed. I closed it again and again, but the alert still won't go off. The interior dome lights stay on and the doors do not lock after moving forward down the road. This can be a real safety issue! I'm afraid someone might carjack me with my doors not locking! also, as I stop at stop signs or stop lights, it continually alerts me to put my car in park and shut drivers door. When I do park, get out and lock my car, the dome lights again will not go off. I'm afraid I'll come out after work to a dead battery! please do something! it has been doing this since October 2015!

- Moultrie, GA, USA

Feb 152016

Edge

Drivers door ajar light stay illuminated in the instrument cluster and dome lights won't shut off. Had had it to dealer 2 times in the last year and problem would be resolved for 2 months and then would happen again.

- Spivey, KS, USA