2013 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 19 of 24)

Feb 282015

Edge 6-cyl

The sensor on the driver's side door to detect door closure malfunctions repeatedly and does not register that the door is closed even if the door latch is in proper position. This creates a significant safety hazard in that the doors cannot be fully locked (significant crash safety risk) while driving or stopped at a stoplight (personal security risk, remains able to open door from the exterior). This is a recurrent problem and from encounters with other owners, this is consistent across these vehicles and recurs even if the part if replaced. This is in validation of FMVSS no. 206 requirements.

- Charlottesville, VA, USA

Apr 022015

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar light stays on even when door is closed the interior dome lights will not go off.

- Daleville, VA, USA

Apr 022015

Edge 4-cyl

It started over the past few weeks. Start the car and the door ajar light comes on and stays on regardless is I open and close the door harder. Put the car in gear and you have the warning lights to put the car in park. The door locks will not lock during one of these episodes and the dome lights stay on. I also lock my car doors at night only to find that they have unlocked themselves during the night and my heads lights have turned on as well. This has happened about 6 times. Not very happy right now!!!!

- Fort Mill, SC, USA

Mar 142014

Bought my car in February of 2014. (we were the 2nd owners. Not sure if previous owners experienced trouble before they traded the car in.) almost immediately we started having issues with "door ajar" lights staying on which caused the interior lights to stay on while driving down the road. It also doesn't allow the doors to lock themselves automatically when driving. We had sensors replaced by Ford on both front doors after a lot of back and forth with them last year. Now we are having trouble with a sensor on one of the back doors that's causing all the same problems as last time only this time we are also having trouble with interior lights coming on and going off on their own while the car is sitting parked. Nobody likes a dead battery. This is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. Right now this is a warranty issue for me but will eventually cost around $500 a pop to fix and more importantly it poses a safety issue for the children riding in my car if their door doesn't latch properly & I don't know it because I assume it's just the sensor acting up again. Please help get this sensor recalled. Ford has no intention of doing it.

- Greenwood, AR, USA

Mar 202015

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Edge. While driving at approximately 10 mph, the door ajar warning light illuminated. The contact noticed that all the automatic locks were unlocked, the chime sounded, and the doors would not lock. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000. The VIN was not available.

- Portland, OR, USA

Feb 022015

Vehicle states that drivers door is ajar when it is closed. Multiple times it will not recognize it is closed and doors will not lock and interior lights stay on.

- North Hills, CA, USA

Feb 042015

Edge 6-cyl

The door ajar sensor comes on anytime the door is open and the key is in the ignition. Before the above date the sensor went off as soon as you shut the door. Now it is on all the time unless I open and shut the door 5 - 20 times to get it to go off. It will not allow me to lock the doors with it on. The dome light won't go off and many times I am forced to drive to work with it still on because I can't be late for work sitting at home opening and closing my door over and over again. My son has a 2011 Ford Edge and my friend has a 2006 Ford Edge all with the same problem. How long is this going to go on before someone makes Ford fix this problem for everyone?!

- Brookside, UT, USA

Nov 292013

Edge 6-cyl

Rear door is open. Lights stay on. Please put car in park. Engine is on. Error codes. Door is shut and it won't disengage alert or read door is shut with or without key in ignition.

- Henderson , NV, USA

Aug 052014

Edge 6-cyl

1. sensor for fuel, had to pay for a keyed gas cap 2. twice door ajar on, took to garage first time, now it is the second time that it is doing it.

- Cohocton, NY, USA

Jan 012015

Edge 6-cyl

The door ajar sensor/switch is not functioning properly and shows that the driver side door is open/ajar when it is securely closed. When the car "thinks" the door is ajar the dome light does not turn off for several minutes, even while driving, the power locks will not engage and even unlock when the door lock switch is used. In addition, every time the car comes to a stop the alert chimes that the door is ajar. This is very dangerous when having to drive to my work in an urban area (not safely locked in my car) in addition, it is too dangerous to drive with children who may be able to reach the door handle.

- Indian Springs, NV, USA

Mar 192015

Edge 6-cyl

The problem I'm having with my Edge is the radio continue to play when I turn the car off and take the keys out the ignition and the driver door light stays on I have to close the door several times before the light goes off I've taken it in to the dealer for the door light now it have started again 03/19/2015 I think another owner had the car but when I got the car they said it was new I work for a car company and I never known a car company to put door guards on a car/truck I'm thinking they found out about what I'm dealing with and turned the car back in and the car company did not do anything about it the radio incident started a few months after I purchase the truck.

- Crete, IL, USA

Mar 052015

The driver's side door ajar sensor does not go off when the door is closed. The dome lights stay on, not safe at night, and you are unable to lock your doors while inside the vehicle. Not to mention the constant annoyance of the chime going off.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Dec 162014

Edge 4-cyl

Switch that detects when drivers door is ajar is defective and shows the door is open at all times. Therefore the dome light stays on and the door locks will not lock. The doors remains unlocked at all speeds, please do something before one of the thousands of Ford vehicles (several model years and several models) is involved in an accident where some child is thrown from the vehicle because the doors opened. Help!!!

- Gilberts, IL, USA

Mar 022015

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar warning light/signal on the drivers side does not go off despite door being closed.

- Yukon, OK, USA

Mar 062015

Edge 6-cyl

Driver side door ajar sensor not working..wont allow doors to lock while driving bell continues to ring while driving and door ajar light stays on while driving. These factors causes hazardous conditions while driving. Being unable to lock doors is very dangerous especially when you have children in the car. Someone can open your door and harm you. There is so many complaints regarding this issue it needs to be addressed immediately. Recall a must.

- Ellenwood, GA, USA

Mar 032015

The door latch on the 2013 Ford Edge is faulty, and continually has to be replaced. This is the second time in 6 months we have had to have this replaced, and this time, we are 3000 miles over our warranty, and are having to go out of pocket for this - an expense of over $300. Additionally, because the door latch doesn't work correctly, it continually causes the interior lights of the cart to stay on, which has caused the battery to deplete, and we are now facing the charge for a new battery as well in order to get our vehicle in working order. Lastly, Ford informed us today that the factory battery that they installed is "too small" for this size vehicle, and a larger capacity battery should be put in its place. We purchased this car new, and issues like this make us feel as if we've purchased a lemon. Ford is now charging us for a part that is clearly poorly manufactured, and as a consequence, causing us to buy additional parts like batteries to support their mistakes.

- Pflugerville, TX, USA

Nov 032014

Edge 6-cyl

Driver side door indicator stays on even though door is shut. Dome light won't go off and doors won't lock. Battery went dead. I have to slam door hard several times to get indicator and light to turn off and doors to lock.

- Sparks, NV, USA

Jan 122015

Edge 6-cyl

Door ajar light remains on repeatedly when door is correctly shut. This is a recurring problem that typically happens daily. Due to the false door ajar warning, the vehicle may be driven with the door ajar warning on. If the door were actually ajar, this could cause a safety risk. Vehicle doors cannot be locked when door ajar warning is present. This could present a safety risk if doors need to be locked.

- Punxsutawney, PA, USA

Feb 102015

Edge 6-cyl

The driver's door sensor is defective causing the doors to not lock and the interior lights to stay on. The lights on is a safety hazard especially at night. The false door ajar warning could cause the driver to disregard a true door ajar warning.

- Caruthersville, MO, USA