6.9

2013 Ford Edge engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Oct 142014

Edge 6-cyl

I was driving on the city streets and without any warning, the power steering kicked out. I didn't realize this and was already committed to making a right turn. I had to use all my strength to make the turn and stay on the road. After clearing the intersection I noticed the car was not accelerating, instead it was decelerating. The car came to a complete stop on the main road. I quickly put on my blinkers. The car then gave a "low engine oil pressure" error message. I put the car in park, waited a minute, and restarted w. I would have had a big problem if the car stalled out in the left turn or if I couldn't overpower the steering components and went off the road.

- Ypsilanti, MI, USA