2013 Ford Edge lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 1 of 6)

Oct 012016

Edge

Driver side door indicator will sometimes give false reading that door is ajar. Dome light will stay on and not able to lock doors.

- Anchorage, AK, USA

Nov 082016

Edge

My door ajar light started coming last week and won't go off. I an positive the all doors are closed. It is very disruptive while driving, when the vehicle slows at signal lights, in intersections or in traffic the alarm comes on. Also, I was in a completely dark parking lot with people and cars moving around and the interior lights wouldn't go off. I could not see outside because of the interior lights. The door locks will not function in this state either. Someone could have easily gotten into the vehicle with me. Help!

- Pearland, TX, USA

Nov 052016

Edge

Door agar light comes on when doors is locked.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Oct 292016

Edge

Ford Edge 2013 problem with sensor or other causing driver door alarm to activate after door is shut. Dome lights stay on; door is completely shut but message states that "driver door is ajar". message and alarm sometimes comes on when driving. Sometimes takes several tries repeatedly shutting door to get alarm and lights to turn off. This should be a recall. Problem has occurred several times in the past week.

- Lake City, TN, USA

Oct 312016

Edge

Door ajar warning comes on and will not go off. Interior lights remain on and none of the vehicle locks will latch because vehicle believes a door is ajar, when in fact it is not. The issue began about 2 weeks ago (October 10, 2016). I was able to open and shut door to turn the senor off the first few times the door ajar light came on and that solved the problem...temporarily. At this point the door ajar light remains on, interior lights remain on when vehicle is parked and turned off, battery is drained due to lights staying on unless I disconnect the battery and doors never lock - not when vehicle is in motion, not when it is parked.

- Thurmont, MD, USA

Oct 282016

Edge

When the driver's door is closed securely the door ajar light and warning sound activate almost daily, more often on cooler mormings. After numerous attempts to close the door securely the problem persists and has been happening for several months. The door ajar warning also happens when the vehicle is in motion on city streets, highways and at all speeds without warning or as a result of unusual driving conditions. In addition, when the vehicle is in motion, all of the doors unlock when the door ajar warning activates and the interior dome light is enabled making the vehicle, in my opion, unsafe to drive and occupy. This problem is dangerous, especially at night and at highway speeds. Had I known of this problem existed before I purchased the vehicle I would not have purchased any vehicle made by Ford.I am now aware the problem is well documented and widely known on social media and through comments I have read on various consumer websites. I do not recall the first time this problem occured, but the last time was today while taking my daughter to school. I am requesting a recall for the entire door assembly that controls the door ajar warning system.

- Baytown, TX, USA

Oct 152016

Edge

"door ajar" light remains on even when door closed. This results in locks not working, interior lights no turning off etc. This is the 2nd time this has happened. ! year ago, Ford 'cleaned' the sensor and that worked, - for a year!

- Placervlle, CA, USA

Jun 202016

Edge

My car, Ford Edge 2013 has a problem with the driver door sensor which shows that the door is not closed causing the alarm bell to stay on, the interior lights won't turn off, had to have a jump start. Took to Ford dealer and was charged for repair. Quite expensive for me to pay for what Ford should be paying for. I understand that are quite a large number of owners with the same problem. Also smell exhaust fumes when shutting shutting off the engine as I get out of the car. Coming from engine compartment. Understand this is also a problem for other owners. These factors together should be reason for the NHTSA to get involved and force a recall to review our groups problems. I paid $229 to clean contacts. New parts much more expensive. Help us with this.

- Perry Hall, MD, USA

Oct 052016

Edge 6-cyl

Suddenly the vehicle no longer registered one of the doors as being closed. It always had the door ajar warning on the screen and the dome lights stayed on and doors wouldn't lock while driving as if a door was open. This made it difficult to drive at night because all the lights would be on in the car. Also, my 4 year old was able to reach and open the door while the car was in motion so I had to take the car into the dealership to have it fixed immediately before one of my children was hurt. The car only has approximately 40,000 miles on it and is well cared for but out of warranty so the repair cost us 474$ and I was out of a vehicle for two days.

- Simi Valley, CA, USA

Jan 012016

Edge

Driver's side door ajar light stays on. Maybe one out of ten door closures will turn off light. As a consequence interior dome light stays on and drains battery. Problem occurs when vehicle is stationary but continues when vehicle is in motion.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Apr 182015

Edge

The "door ajar" light comes on even though the door is properly closed. Doors will not lock while car is in motion. Dome light will not turn off when car is stopped. The problem began two weeks after the car came off of warranty and has been doing this intermittently ever since.

- Land O Lakes, FL, USA

Aug 202016

Edge

Car dorr ajar message ad dome light on at all times, low electrical power, caused the battery to go bad, latch on door problem, car would not lock, car stationary and you could not lock the door to start car

- Jackson, TN, USA

Jan 012016

Edge

Door ajar warning light stays on even after door is closed. Interior lights stay on even after door is closed. Door sensor issue. Almost wrecked when interior lights came on while driving-the door sensor light came on without the door being opened. We took the vehicle to the Ford dealer and they said they could not find the issue.

- Enola, PA, USA

Oct 032016

Edge

Door ajar light stays on when the door is closed and the dome lights stay

- Newton, MA, USA

Sep 012015

Edge

Door ajar warning comes on, even when door is shut. This prevents the doors from locking and they can only be locked manually, the dome lights will never go off and eventually the battery dies, and the ac will only blow cold on 1 setting. It will not blow heat. The keypad will not let the vehicle lock when the warning is on. This happens when the car is moving or stationary, and intermittently. Sometimes it doesn't happen, sometimes I have to shut the door 20 times to get it to lock properly with the lights off.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 012016

Edge

Door ajar light on dash continues to stay lit after door is closed. This creates an issue as the door locks will not engage when the vehicle is running.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Aug 262016

Edge

My drivers side door when I shut it, the door ajar light stays on along with the dome lights. It only took a few times re shutting the door to make this go away. However, just recently it has been staying on longer and harder to get to go off. It has also been coming on when driving and I have to pullover to try to get this to turn off. I cannot lock the doors when this happens causing a very unsafe travel along with the lights staying on. If I had kids in my vehicle I would feel they could open the doors due to this failure and fall out. When driving and this happens the light comes on and causes a glare and could cause an accident! even after Ford does their "cleaning" to the door it still happens after a couple months. The door latch and components have to be replaced completely to have this fixed.

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Sep 022016

Edge

The sensor for the driver door ajar keeps popping up. I have to close the door numerous times before it will allow me to lock the car. If I don't then the interior dome light will remain on. This happens while driving or when parked. If I am driving then the dome light remains on until I can get the sensor to turn off.

- Kennewick, WA, USA

Jul 202016

Edge

Door ajar light stays on and won't register when the front driver's side door is shut. Lights will not dim while driving or parked, locks will not work properly either. Battery is being drained because of the faulty sensor. Ford will not cover repairs, even though my vehicle is still under warranty.

- Jefferson City, TN, USA

Sep 012016

Edge

Left door sensor/latch is not working properly after 65,000 miles. Affects door locks while driving and parked. The door locks go up and down intermittently and unexpectantly. Affects overhead lighting and the remote start. Dangerous to have the doors not locked especially if young kids are in back seat.

- Beavercreek, OH, USA