2013 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 10 of 10)

Dec 152014

Edge 6-cyl

Driver door is always ajar on the dash panel. This causes the doors not to lock when inside the car and is very annoying when it dings/rings everytime you take your foot off the brake. I believe it is the sensor and I am not willing to pay $150 at the dealership just to find out what it is and then pay to have it fixed. The car is not that old and should be fixed for free. While researching on the internet, this is a common problem with my make and model of car. Very disappointing.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Apr 262013

Edge 6-cyl

Federal should start investigate on the Edge issues, I have researched on people who own Ford Edge, they have the same problem that I am having now. My 2013 Edge is having a smell rubber or burning when you hard on the gas pedal and will smell burning, that will cause my wife and I have a headache really bad from this smell. I keep took my SUV to the Ford, but they keep telling me they don't see any problem but over 81 people who complain about that issues so I think it is time for federal to take the action! I am consider to hire the lawyer and sue Ford because I believe that Ford do knows but won't admit it.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Feb 142013

Edge 6-cyl

Headliner - the head liner in the Ford Edge limited has about an inch gap between the front windshield and the ceiling. The material is roughly cut and workmanship is extremely poor. I took it into the Ford dealership that I use and they took pictures and ordered a new headliner, after 6 months of being backordered, the new headliner came in and was replaced and had the exact same issue. My Ford service department did everything in their power to make it right and I would have to say it looks better but the material Edges are still frayed all along the windshield and for the cost of the car I'd expect more. An extra 2" in material and a piece of foam rubber would allow the material to have a finished look and fill the gap at little extra cost and would make anyone noticing this much happier. I was given a loaner and noticed the same issue on the Fusion titanium and when I spoke to my service rep he stated that it's pretty much like this on all cars and that they only address those that complain - he said not many people notice since the top of the windshield is black. I don't understand why it has to look so cheap and tacky. Emails to Ford have so far gone unanswered.

- Brandon , FL, USA

Apr 082014

Edge 4-cyl

Defective door latch assembly shows door A-jar when closed. Interior lights stay on and door will not lock. This is extremely dangerous at night when the interior dome lights are blinding to the driver and can not be turned off while door A-jar warning light is active. This can take place anytime the door is open. Problem has existed at least since 2011 and almost all Ford have this problem.

- Laurinburg, NC, USA

May 152013

We are having a exhaust smell in the cab of our new 2013 Ford Edge. We first noticed it when passing another car quickly and then letting off on the gas and a few seconds later we get a exhaust smell in the cab. This happens all the time. We have also noticed it when we too a 500 mile freeway trip. I have had it into dealer four times. They have replaced the cabin air extractors twice, replaced the exhaust system, applied sealant to body seams, no luck. This makes for a unpleasant vehicle to drive and concerns of breathing fumes. I'm still waiting to be contacted about another attempt to fix. I no Ford is having this problems with some of their other models to.

- Concrete, WA, USA