2013 Ford Edge miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Edge:

2013 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 10 of 10)

May 182015

Edge

The door ajar alarm sounds when the driver door is shut. At first I could open and close the door (sometimes numerous times) and it would go off. Now it stays on all the time. The doors will not lock and the overhead light comes on sometimes. I feel this is a safety hazard that Ford should recall and repair.

- Swink, CO, USA

May 092015

Edge

Drivers door alarm keeps going off after shutting door. Car won't lock. Have to slam door several times before it goes off.

- Dillon, MT, USA

May 192015

Edge

Ford Edge latch door ajar, dome lights stay on night driver hazard

- Breckenridge, MN, USA

May 232015

Edge

Door ajar signal stays on when door is closed which keeps the interior light on and prohibits the doors from locking while driving. This creates safety issues through the distraction of having the interior light constantly on and the doors not locking. Through online research, I've noticed that this is a very common problem for my type of vehicle and noticed that nothing has been done about it at this point.

- Towaco, NJ, USA

Mar 102015

Edge

The driver side door can be closed and light will come on saying door ajar even if the door is shut. This makes me stop the car and close door again.

- Marshfield, MO, USA

May 012015

Edge

The driver door ajar alarm started going off, and the doors unlocked while the car was moving on the interstate. It has now happened several times both while driving down the road and when getting in the vehicle. Now, the dome light and outside marker lights remain on and drain the battery when the vehicle is in park because the sensor isn't reading that the doors are closed.

- Geneseo, IL, USA

Apr 272015

Edge

My driver side door ajar sensor stays on even when my door is completely shut. Some times I have to open and close it several times and almost slam it shut to get the sensor to go off..

- Rincon, GA, USA

Mar 022015

Edge

Driver side door ajar censor is bad. Ford has known of the problem for a long time. When you shut the driver side door the dash light indicates the door is still open so you close it again and again and again. Ive googled it and Ford knows about it but I guess they rather you spend 500 dollars to get it fixed then do a recall. It happens all the time shutting the door and reshutting the door over and over to get the light to go out and to get it to stop dinging ive read all the complaints on line and still Ford does nothing why dont they have to tell you this problem before you buy the vehicle isnt that fraud. If you know of a problem you have to disclose it. You do when youre selling and buying a house!!!!

- New Castle, PA, USA

May 152015

Edge

Door ajar indicator is highlighted. Dealer tells me not covered by my extended or factory warranty. Tell me door latch needs replacement. When I google known issues with Ford Edge guess what is the number one result" door latch. Why is there not a recall on this potential safety issue"

- Andover, MN, USA

Mar 102015

Edge

Door adjar light remains on after door is closed. Began as intermittent problem, but now is constant. Due to this issue, dome lights stay on, door adjar light and warning tones will not turn off, and doors do not lock.

- Houston, TX, USA

Dec 012013

Edge

Door latch switch will not recognize that the door is shut. I took it in for warranty and Ford sprayed it with lub. And said it would fine. Because of it everytime you brake there is a chime. You cannot lock the doors the pop open again. Dome lights will not go off and battery in car will go dead if you leave the keys in the ignition. I am concerned that the airbags will not deploy in an accident. I think that this needs further investigation on Ford behalf. It is a distraction during driving and also a safety concern the doors will not lock when I have kids in the car. I tried to have it repaired and the repair failed.

- Lolo, MT, USA

Apr 212015

Edge

Door latch driver door need to replace $415.

- Macomb, MI, USA

Apr 012015

Edge 6-cyl

The "driver door ajar" light will not go off. This causes the interior lights to stay on, the warning chime to ring and the doors will not stay locked.

- Tell City, IN, USA

Aug 052014

Edge 6-cyl

1. sensor for fuel, had to pay for a keyed gas cap 2. twice door ajar on, took to garage first time, now it is the second time that it is doing it.

- Cohocton, NY, USA

Nov 282014

Edge 6-cyl

When I close the drivers door, the interior lights will not shut off and the warning light saying the door is open comes on. I've even had instances where the door will be closed, I start driving down the road and then the light will come on saying the door isn't latched. Most of the time, it takes over 10 times of opening and closing the door before it will latch and the lights will turn off. And it is steadily getting worse. The door is clearly shut...but the sensor thinks the door is still open.

- Ellendale, MN, USA

Dec 152014

Edge 6-cyl

Driver door is always ajar on the dash panel. This causes the doors not to lock when inside the car and is very annoying when it dings/rings everytime you take your foot off the brake. I believe it is the sensor and I am not willing to pay $150 at the dealership just to find out what it is and then pay to have it fixed. The car is not that old and should be fixed for free. While researching on the internet, this is a common problem with my make and model of car. Very disappointing.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Apr 262013

Edge 6-cyl

Federal should start investigate on the Edge issues, I have researched on people who own Ford Edge, they have the same problem that I am having now. My 2013 Edge is having a smell rubber or burning when you hard on the gas pedal and will smell burning, that will cause my wife and I have a headache really bad from this smell. I keep took my SUV to the Ford, but they keep telling me they don't see any problem but over 81 people who complain about that issues so I think it is time for federal to take the action! I am consider to hire the lawyer and sue Ford because I believe that Ford do knows but won't admit it.

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Feb 142013

Edge 6-cyl

Headliner - the head liner in the Ford Edge limited has about an inch gap between the front windshield and the ceiling. The material is roughly cut and workmanship is extremely poor. I took it into the Ford dealership that I use and they took pictures and ordered a new headliner, after 6 months of being backordered, the new headliner came in and was replaced and had the exact same issue. My Ford service department did everything in their power to make it right and I would have to say it looks better but the material Edges are still frayed all along the windshield and for the cost of the car I'd expect more. An extra 2" in material and a piece of foam rubber would allow the material to have a finished look and fill the gap at little extra cost and would make anyone noticing this much happier. I was given a loaner and noticed the same issue on the Fusion titanium and when I spoke to my service rep he stated that it's pretty much like this on all cars and that they only address those that complain - he said not many people notice since the top of the windshield is black. I don't understand why it has to look so cheap and tacky. Emails to Ford have so far gone unanswered.

- Brandon , FL, USA

Apr 082014

Edge 4-cyl

Defective door latch assembly shows door A-jar when closed. Interior lights stay on and door will not lock. This is extremely dangerous at night when the interior dome lights are blinding to the driver and can not be turned off while door A-jar warning light is active. This can take place anytime the door is open. Problem has existed at least since 2011 and almost all Ford have this problem.

- Laurinburg, NC, USA

May 152013

Edge

We are having a exhaust smell in the cab of our new 2013 Ford Edge. We first noticed it when passing another car quickly and then letting off on the gas and a few seconds later we get a exhaust smell in the cab. This happens all the time. We have also noticed it when we too a 500 mile freeway trip. I have had it into dealer four times. They have replaced the cabin air extractors twice, replaced the exhaust system, applied sealant to body seams, no luck. This makes for a unpleasant vehicle to drive and concerns of breathing fumes. I'm still waiting to be contacted about another attempt to fix. I no Ford is having this problems with some of their other models to.

- Concrete, WA, USA