6.0

1. replace electromagnetic clutch (1 reports)
1997 Ford F-150 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford F-150:

1997 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Oct 152010

F-150 Lariat 4X4 3 Door 4.6L V8

I thought at first the problem was my vacuum solenoids until i raised the truck off the wheels, started the engine and engaged 4x4 high and low. Everything registered on the dash and heard clicks from in the dash and over on the passenger side upper engine bay. Once I seen the wheels in front weren't turning, the only part left was the electromagnetic clutch in the transfer case. I picked up a used one at a salvage yard for cheap and just never got around to installing it. Took the truck to a garage finally and had the part installed. Works just fine now. I also replaced all the fluids in my F150 with AMSOIL products and it runs and drives like a champ.

- , Bellevue, NE, USA