7.0

2. replace intake gaskets (1 reports)
1997 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford F-150:

1997 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jul 162008

F-150 XL 4.6L

I noticed a huge drop in power in my engine sometime over the summer of 2008. I tried replacing the spark plugs, plug wires, coil pack, pcv valve, and sealing up vacuum lines. In the end it was the intake gaskets leaking. Since I am a mechanic assistant I went ahead and did the job myself. It was the hardest thing I have done in my life!!! It took me 24 labor hours to do. Many of the guys at my shop were shocked I had done it as they would have never attempted it even if they were being paid. My recommendation is to PLEASE pay someone to do it. It is an extremely hard job to do yourself. It is an expensive job to pay someone to do put not worth the time or physical pain.

- , Little Rock, AR, USA

Dec 152001

F-150

I have tried adding octane boost, I have also tried a higher grade gas, but it still pings!

- , Dana Point, CA, USA