- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
1997 Ford F-150
Worst 1997 F-150 engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine knock3
- spark plugs fly out the mfer3
- engine died, won't start2
- engine failure2
- knocks under a load2
- spark plug wires died1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine207
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline142
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling139
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control99
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control93
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal27
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages6
- NHTSA: Engine3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...3
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Diesel1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford F-150 Model Years
Curious how the 1997 F-150 compares to other years?
Check out our Ford F-150 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the F-150.