- April 24: Ford Recalls 390,000 Cars After 658 Door Latch Complaints
- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
1997 Ford F-150
Worst 1997 F-150 engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- spark plugs fly out of engine5
- engine knock3
- engine died, won't start2
- engine failure2
- knocks under a load2
- spark plug wires died1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine197
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline142
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling113
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control91
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control87
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal27
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...3
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Diesel1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford F-150 Model Years
Curious how the 1997 F-150 compares to other years?
Check out our Ford F-150 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the F-150.