2001 Ford F-150 cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford F-150:

2001 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Nov 082001

F-150 4WD

Radiator recall cutoff date (Ford #01B83) - the cutoff date for this recall (missing radiator upgrade) has been established by Ford as May 5, 2001 based on sales delivery date. My vehicle was built on April 30, 2001 and priced to include the radiator upgrade. The vehicle was built without the upgrade. I paid for the upgrade when I bought the vehicle (June 2001) and did not get it. I feel that Ford should include my vehicle in this recall as it was built and priced before the cutoff date and I did not get the upgrade that I paid for.

- Sobieski, WI, USA

Dec 012000

F-150

F-150 supercab with towing package delivered with Ford specified wrong radiator. Standard radiator is a 1.02" width core. Super cooling, which is included in the towing package specifies a 1.42" core radiator. Request Ford replace my smaller radiator with the properly specified radiator.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Mar 082001

F-150 4WD

Incorrect radiator installed at factory, should have been heavy duty per towing package option, came with standard radiator, dealer investigating replacement options.

- Rochester, NY, USA