6.0

2001 Ford F-150 exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford F-150:

2001 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Apr 012010

F-150 3.2L V6

Part of my exhaust pipe rusted completely through right before the muffler. I took it to a mechanic who did a cheapo fix to it (that's what I asked for) and it lasted about a year. Not the cheapo fix has rusted through completely again, and I am in the process of fixing it myself. I don't have a welder, so I can't weld new pipe myself. And it seems like new pipe you can buy down at the local auto store doesn't want to fit very well. Right now the truck is really loud and I can hear a bad clanking noise when the car is idling. This has been a pretty big pain for me for a while now. And mechanics all want like 500 bucks to do a total new exhaust on it. I don't know. I can live with it for now, but it really is annoying and a pain.

- , Centerville, OH, USA