2001 Ford F-150 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford F-150:

2001 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jan 012008

F-150 3.2L V6

The Service Engine Soon (SES) light came on about 4 years ago. I had AutoZone run the free little code reader test for it, and it came back as Bank 1 and Bank 2 Lean. Basically the car's fuel system was running too lean. Too much air, and not enough fuel. I havn't noticed ANY difference in driving at all over the past few years. And I even started the process of fixing the problem myself. I replaced the Fuel Pressure Regulator (THIS SUCKS DO NOT ATTEMPT ON THIS ENGINE "3.2L V6" UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING) and I cleaned the Mass Air Flow sensor. But basically, there's 6 different things that the problem could be. And I already have about 50 bucks into it and just don't want to spend any more. And all the mechanics and auto shops say that there really is no way to see which one of the 6 things could be throwing off the alarm. Any way, it's a pain, but I can easily live with it for now. Heck, I've lived with it for the past 4 years.

- , Centerville, OH, USA