2001 Ford F-150 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford F-150:

2001 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jul 082010

Gas tank fell out of my 2001 F-150 rupturing gas in the street. Cost me $1500 to fix and clean up. Who is going to pay for this?

- Milford, NH, USA

May 132011

F-150 6-cyl

Hit a bump and front gas tank strap broke and dragged for 2 miles leaking gas, $40, worth. Stopped in parking lot with gas running, fire department and cops arrived. Truck towed to lot. Still not attempted repairs.

- North Reading , MA, USA

Jul 212011

F-150 6-cyl

Driving my 2001 Ford F-150 down the highway and the gas tank fell off and was dragging beneath the truck. It was a full tank of gas that we were lucky did not ignite.

- Grand Ledge, MI, USA

Jul 012011

F-150 8-cyl

I was driving South on hwy 41 in milwaukee, wi. When I heard a dragging sound under truck. I pulled off hwy and discovered my gas tank was dragging for approx. 2 miles. Why it didn't blow up I am not sure. Two straps snapped. I had just filled the tank w/ $75 in gas and had truck towed and approx. Cost of getting truck fixed is $700 plus the tow.

- West Bend, WI, USA