7.6

1. have to have the hood repainted (4 reports)
  3. better quality control (1 reports)
  4. repaint (1 reports)
2003 Ford F-150 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Ford F-150:

2003 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Oct 012010

F-150 Lariat 5.4L

tried just sanding it and repainting it. rust came back within a year

- , Canonsburg, PA, USA

Feb 012004

F-150 LX V6

Shortly after I purchased my ford f 150, a small area about the size of a quarter appeared like a rust spot. I took my truck into the dealer and they said they don't cover rust till it penetrates the hood. I expressed my displeasure and left not knowing that this was an actual defect and wasn't rust. It continued to grow and grow and my truck looks like crap. I am at the point that i would like to be involved in a class action suit or possibly sue personally.

I can't believe that the problem is a acknowledged by ford as a defect yet they feel they don't have to stand by their product. Last Ford for me.

- , capistrano beach, CA, USA

Dec 172014

F-150 XLT 5.4L

Noticed that the roof of the truck had a rust spot that was about to go through to the interior. I bought this truck new and have not had any other problems. I am retired from the auto business and rusting roofs are not a common problem in my experience. The Internet blogs seem to indicate a bad load of aluminum, contaminated with iron that causes the paint to flake and roof to rust. Ford is not doing anything to make the problem less costly.

- , Sneads Ferry, NC, USA

Nov 042013

F-150 XL 3.2V6

Poor quality control. Ford should have a recall and pay/fix problem.

- , DALLAS, TX-Texas, USA

Apr 232013

F-150 Lariet 5.4L

I really like my truck just want the roof repainted ,no big deal for Ford Co. a large truck selling company, that prides it self on the quality of the trucks they build. Not asking for much.

- , Bloomfield, NM, mexico

May 042008

F-150 NF-155 4.6L V8

I bought my F-150 brand new in 2003; it is the NF-155 edition. Within the 5th year (50,000 miles) of owning my Ford I started to notice bubbling on the paint of my roof when I would wash it. Now it is 2013 (90,000 miles) and everywhere the paint has bubbled is now rusting or has holes and is now leaking into my cabin. I have done some extensive research and have seen others complain about the same problem. The repair is going to be costly, and I am someone who just graduated college with student loans. My truck should not be rusting and I definitely think that Ford should do something. From what I read the problem is due to iron contamination of the aluminum panel, this is a manufacturer issue and all models affected should be compensated.

- , La Mirada, CA, USA

Jun 172010

F-150 XLT

ill never buy a ford again . have owned fords for 20 yrs.30,000 vehicle. the paint is peeling all over the whole roof and a little on the sides.

- , Moshannon, PA, USA

May 142003

F-150 Heritage Editio

Don't get me wrong..I'm not picking on just Fords...my friends with new trucks all told me about their "new" problems..I believe quality control within the automakers...SUCK..for $30,000 I expect a high quality vehicle.

- , Terre Haute, In., USA

May 102007

F-150 Supercrew XLT 5.4L V8

DON'T buy ford. The paint is horrible and they will do nothing to take care of it. I bought it at Beaverton Ford in Beaverton Oregon and they were rude and not helpful at all. Ford was also not helpful when I called them. I will NEVER buy a ford again.

- , Vancouver, WA, USA

Oct 112007

F-150 XL 4.2L

I believe Ford should be responsible for all of these repairs it was caused by their workmenship

- , Plainfield, IL, USA