8.8

1. threaded insert or new head (15 reports)
  3. was able to put spark plug back in (1 reports)
2004 Ford F-150 engine problems

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 132010

F-150 4.6L V8

Never heard of this problem until I researched a bit on-line and realized that this is an epidemic for Ford trucks between 1999 and 2004. I feel violated that Ford will not even consider a fix or warranty solution. It seems to me that they are trying to sweep this under the rug. Being an independent contractor, I need reliable transportation for me and my tools. I have lost money and jobs over this issue.

- , Seattle, WA, USA

Dec 142010

F-150 4.6L V8

Again! Within a month? A different plug this time but it begs the question: Are the other six going to blow up and when? I can not keep losing time, money and jobs. Not in this economy.... Time for a Toyota?

- , Seattle, WA, USA

Apr 062009

F-150 STX 5.4L

This is the second time this happened to our truck. The first time we had it repaired the second time we had it fixed up enough to trade it in. AND we will NEVER buy Ford again. as we called head office and they refused to admit there is a problem with the Aluminum head. BULL SH*T. thats twice it happened to us. So they lost a good customer. We will buy Toyota from now on. We just bought a 2009 tacoma and LOVE it, it took a little getting used to the smaller truck, but it is awsome we love it. and all I can say now is "PISS ON FORD." :) thanks for listening

- , Edmonton, AB, Canada

Dec 142007

F-150 XLT 4.6L

This is a common problem with Ford F150 4.6 and 5.4 engines. Pulls the threads out of the head. There is no rhyme or reason for which cylinder it happens to, at any speed and at any time. It happened to me 400 miles from home at -25 degrees while traveling through the city.

- , Cayuga, ON, Canada