2004 Ford F-150 seat belts / air bags problems

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

May 272011

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. The contact was driving 10 mph when both the driver and passenger side air bags suddenly deployed. The contact had no visual, slammed on his brakes and caused another vehicle to crash into the rear of his vehicle. The front passenger side and bumper was damaged. The police was called and a report was filed. No one was injured and the vehicle was drivable. The dealer was contacted for possible repairs. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 116,000.

- Ada, OK, USA

Nov 222009

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F150. The contact was driving 15 mph when another vehicle crashed into the front of his vehicle and the air bags did not deploy. The vehicle was destroyed. The contact sustained extreme injuries and was transported to the hospital. The driver of the second vehicle was not injured. A police report was filed and the manufacturer was contacted who offered no assistance. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Benton, IL, USA

Mar 262011

F-150 8-cyl

The contact owned a 2004 Ford F-150. While driving approximately 40 mph the consumer was involved in a crash in which the air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. The driver sustained serious injuries and was taken to the hospital via ambulance. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to the contacts home. The vehicle was not examined to determine the cause of failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were 149,000. Updated 06/30/11 the occupants of the other vehicle were treated at the scene. Updated 09/06/11 updated 2/29/12

- Poyne, OH, USA

Nov 032007

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the vehicle was parked outside her residence when the horn began independently sounding. The vehicle was then taken to a dealer and they advised her that the air bag had failed and the wiring harness would need to be replaced. The manufacturer was then contacted and provided no assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 40,500.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Oct 042010

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F150. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated continuously. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing or repairs. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 67.000.

- Escanaba, MI, USA

Feb 042011

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F150. While driving approximately 40-45 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for repairs. The failure progressed and once the vehicle was started, the air bag warning light would remain illuminated. The manufacturer was contacted and was advised that there were no recalls for the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 51,000 and the current mileage was 51,700.

- Norton, VA, USA

Feb 152011

F-150

I have a 2004 Ford F150. The drivers airbag light flashes intermittently. I found that there is an upcoming recall by Ford to fix the problem for 05' and 06' but not 2004. I read in an article that NHTSA has recommended that Ford include the 2004 models. I contacted my local dealer and they said the did not know of any recalls for the F150 airbag problem. I offered to email them the articles but they said they did not have email. I told them the light was flashing and they told me it would cost $49.95 to look at the problem and I would have to pay for the total repair. I am concerned that the dealer does not have this knowledge and are unwilling to deal with something so obviously dangerous. In one article it said that if the warning light was flashing I should take my truck to the dealer immediately. Is the 2004 model going to be recalled and when"?? if I pay for this expensive repair I am concerned I will not be reimbursed once the recall occurs. How long will it take for NHTSA to force Ford to step up before a fatality occurs?" I have a textbook situation occurring that NHTSA has identified and I can not get anything done about it!

- Bristol, WI, USA

Feb 282007

F-150

Passenger airbag light indicator/display advises that airbag is off even when seat is occupied.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Nov 172010

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. While sitting in the idle position, the driver side air bag suddenly deployed. The contact sustained injuries and was taken to the hospital. The dealer advised the contact to call the manufacturer who sent him a packet to complete regarding the incident. The failure mileage was approximately 78,000

- San Lorenzo, CA, USA

Nov 142010

F-150

I was attempting to leave my apartment this morning. Backed out of the parking spot. Put the truck into drive. Not more than 30 feet later. Boom!!! inadvertent airbag deployment. I didn't even make it to the set of speed bumps.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Feb 082007

F-150 8-cyl

I was in a bank drive-up driving my daughter┐'s 2004 Ford 150 truck. When I started to leave the truck lurched and the engine went to full speed. I immediately applied the brakes but they did nothing to slow the truck. I was headed straight for the bank where the tellers were, so I turned sharply to the right. The truck kept going at a high rate of speed with me trying to stop it with the brakes. It shot through the parking lot and across a very busy road where a car hit me. The impact of the other car didn┐┐T even phase the truck. It kept going, over the curb across the street, through a burger king parking lot and rammed into metal stairs on the side of a jewelry store where it finally stopped. I hit the staircase at a tremendous rate of speed yet the airbags didn┐┐T deploy. The car that hit me was totaled and the driver went to the hospital. My daughter┐'s truck was totaled and I had to go to the hospital with injuries that turned out to be bruises all over my body, especially on my legs. The staircase was destroyed and a car nearby had damage. The insurance was not adequate to cover all the damage. The insurance company sent someone out to do an engineering report on the truck but he could not find the cause. That didn┐┐T surprise me as there was little left to inspect. This was definitely a mechanical failure. I did not have my foot on the gas peddle. I was trying to stop the truck with the brakes and steering to avoid people and other obstacles. Ford needs to look into this as it is an extremely dangerous flaw or defect. I am going to be responsible for a lot of money to repair the damage that the insurance didn┐┐T pay.

- Gretna, LA, USA

Apr 282006

F-150 8-cyl

: the contact stated while the company vehicle was being driven 30 mph, the vehicle rear ended a parked car. The airbags did not deploy upon impact. A police report was taken at the scene. The vehicle was towed to the company property. The vehicle has not been seen by a mechanic, but was deemed totaled by the insurance company.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Oct 082004

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

While applying the brakes coming to a red light at an intersection, all power was lost and driver unable to stop vehicle and crashed into a dump truck. No airbags were deployed, all power was lost. Dealer checked vehicle and said that they could not find anything wrong with the vehicle. Very disturbing failure because the dealer could not find anything wrong with the vehicle to fix and that this could happen again at any time.

- New Stanton, PA, USA