2004 Ford F-150 seat belts / air bags problems

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 012016

F-150

Vehicle has passenger side airbag. Dash has indicator light stating "passenger airbag off". light comes on when passenger is in seat advising airbag is off. Without seated passenger, light is out denoting airbag is on. It appears it is working the opposite of design. This happens while vehicle in motion or stationary. Unit has always operated this way. Ford/dealer would not repair under warranty or recall.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Oct 222015

F-150

The contact owned a 2004 Ford F-150. After the gear shift was switched into the drive position with the brake pedal engaged, the vehicle accelerated independently. As a result, the contact crashed into a ditch and the vehicle rolled over multiple times. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained a broken hand and arm, a severed finger, and bruising on the body that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Pineville, KY, USA

Aug 282015

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. While reversing, the vehicle accelerated independently. The contact shifted into drive and the vehicle continued to accelerate. The vehicle crashed into a pole and a fence. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained a bruised arm that did not require medical attention. In addition, the front and the rear passenger sustained neck, head, back and knees injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to the contact's residence. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 170,000.

- Richmont, KY, USA

Apr 092015

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 11V107000 (air bags). The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 148,000.

- Piney View, WV, USA

Nov 152014

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the air bag warning light was illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the driver and passenger air bags needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 112,000. Updated 5/19/15 updated 7/1/2015

- Euclid, OH, USA

Mar 172012

F-150 6-cyl

Contacted Ford regarding a recall of Ford 150S including my model year that included a risk of airbag deployment. The airbag and horn on my F150 have stopped working, just as in the recall. However, Ford says that my vehicle is not included, despite an identical problem. It is my understanding that NHTSA requested a larger recall than Ford issued, one that would likely have included my vehicle. This is why I'm entering the information here. Contacted local Ford dealer and Ford corporate, told by both that I couldn't receive recall fix. I am afraid that the airbag will deploy when I start the vehicle, or wont deploy when I need it in an accident.

- Kissimmee, FL, USA

Mar 032014

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the driver side air bag unexpectedly deployed while starting the engine. The contact suffered injuries to the left arm during the incident. The vehicle was diagnosed by the dealer who determined that the defect was due to a faulty air bag wire harness. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the incident but no assistance was offered. The failure mileage was 97,000.

- Hanford, CA, USA

Mar 032014

F-150

I was getting into my truck and when I was about to start my truck and leave my airbag deployed in my face my arm also hit my face an D I bruised up right away and swollen, I called a tow truck my insurance had my truck towed to the Ford dealership, they told me they will not be able to take care of damages unless I pay them out of my pocket they did tell me there was a recall on my truck for the air bag deploying on there own, next day Ford Motor Company told me they could not help me as well because they claim they sent me a recall letter, I never did. I think they should cover their repair there is a active recall!!!

- Hanford , CA, USA

May 162013

F-150 8-cyl

My truck had been parked in my driveway overnight. This morning when I cranked up the truck, the passenger airbag deployed with no warning. There was no crash or previous incident such as hitting something weeks and months before this. Some recalls for the driver side suggest that a dash light will indicate a problem with the airbag, however, this was not the case for my truck. The airbag shattered the windshield sending small pieces of glass flying on the inside and exterior of the truck. Besides the shock, hours later my hearing is still not the same on my right side.

- N Charleston, SC, USA

Jan 182012

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. The vehicle was included in the recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 11V107000 (air bags:frontal:driver side inflator module). After the recall repairs were performed, the air bag warning light illuminated on the instrumental panel. The contact heard a ticking noise coming from the engine while the vehicle was parked. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostics where the technicians advised that the engine would have to be replaced because it was beginning to fracture. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The approximate failure mileage was 73,000.

- Midvale, UT, USA

Jan 082012

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. While parked, the contact noticed the air bag warning light was illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing or repairs. The approximate failure mileage was 123,076.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Oct 132011

F-150 8-cyl

Impact was in the front center of the pickup with the damage 24 inches into the engine area, the driver did have his seat belt on but he still hit the rear view mirror with his head and broke his left wrist and incurred many other injuries as a result. His injuries would have been lessened if the airbag and the seatbelt had worked the way there supposed to.

- Havertown , PA, USA

Jul 182011

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the air bag warning light started to illuminate due to the air bag sensor under the hood being corroded. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who advised that the air bag senor needed to be replaced at the contacts expense. The manufacturer was notified of the failure who offered no assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 130,000.

- Monroe, MI, USA

May 012011

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the vehicle was included in the recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 11V107000 (air bags:frontal:driver side inflator module). An authorized dealer informed the contact that the parts necessary to perform the recall remedy were not available. The parts had not been available for approximately three months and the contact felt that this was an unreasonable amount of time. The passenger side air bag light remained illuminated. The failure and the current mileages were 31,000.

- Skiatook , OK, USA

Jun 132011

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. The contact was driving 50 mph when he crashed into another vehicle. The air bags did not deploy and the seat belts failed to restrain the contact. The contact was thrown into the steering wheel and sustained a fractured disc in his back. The vehicle was destroyed. The vehicle was towed but caught on fire while in tow. The manufacturer was contacted in regards to the failure but advised that they were unable to assist. A police report was available. The failure mileage was 135,000.

- Robert, LA, USA

Jun 012011

F-150

This is in relation to an existing recall notice for 11S18. I have been trying to get this fixed since I got the recall notice May 9. I have called friendly Ford springfield mo every Tuesday and am told they do not have the part to fix it. The last time I was told to take it to another dealer farther away because they have it. They also told me to call the Ford customer service number which I did and got a recording saying it was temporarily unavailable. What am I supposed to do at this point to get this fixed before a more serious situation arises. Ford and friendly Ford doesn't seem to want to fix it regardless of what you say!

- Springfield, MO, USA

May 072011

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F150. The contact stated that the vehicle was included in the recall under NHTSA campaign id number: 11V107000 (air bags:frontal:driver side inflator module). The dealer was contacted and advised that the parts needed for repair were unavailable and could not provide and estimate of when they were to become available. The contact stated she had been waiting for the part to become available for over a month and was concerned about her safety in the vehicle. The contact had not experienced a failure and the vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 62,000.

- Lafayette, LA, USA

May 012011

F-150

The contact owns a 2004 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the vehicle was included in the recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number: 11V107000 (air bags:frontal:driver side inflator module). The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the contact was informed that the parts necessary to remedy the failure were on back order. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and referred the contact to another dealer. The vehicle was taken to the second authorized dealer where the contact was again informed that the parts were unavailable. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileages were 53,000.

- Carlisle, PA, USA

Jan 012011

F-150 8-cyl

The front collision sensor on the 2004-2005 Ford F150's are not working. I was at a dealership in vermilion Ohio and the dealership stated that they have had several trucks come in where the front collision sensors have gone bad, probably from water getting into the sensors and freezing which in turn has cracked the sensor. Now my airbag switch stays on all the time.

- Oberlin, OH, USA

Apr 152011

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Passenger air bag for a Ford F150. Took truck to get drivers air bag fixed light had come on a long time ago, but Ford wanted to charge over 2,000 to get it fixed. When recall came passenger air bag was fixed. Went to pick up the truck at Ford and light for passenger air bag was on. Ford wants to charge over 2,000 to get it fixed. Light came on while at their shop.

- Katy, TX, USA