8.0

suspension problem

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jul 042014

F-150 XLT 4.6L V8

I noticed the front tires were wearing on inside. Got underneath and saw both coil over shock springs were broke in the same place as I've seen others described- toward the bottom where the spring diameter gets smaller to rest on bracket attached to shock. This is obviously a class problem- either a design defect or a manufacturing defect

- , Louisville, KY, USA

Jun 232014

F-150 FX V8

I take care of this truck, no off road and only drive it on weekends. I think there is a defect with this vehicle that Ford won't admit.

- , Industry, PA, USA

Oct 062011

F-150 Lariat 5.4L

Left front spring cracked on the lowest bottom end of spring. Left side of truck dropped almost 2 inches. Truck pulled to the right while driving. Lucky i was not on the hwy. Went to dealer to research issue and i was told that this has been an issue. Most of the trucks have had both coil springs brake. I replaced both front springs with aftermarket pre loaded strut & spring asys. It was cheaper than buying ford factory springs.

- , Forest Hill, MD, USA

Aug 022010

F-150 XLT 4.6L

This truck has been a piece of junk. Never taken off road, only on highways, why would a coil spring break. Apparently it is a very common problem with this truck along with the windows dropping, spark plugs popping, etc. etc.

- , Cayuga, ON, Canada