8.0

suspension problem

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Dec 012015

F-150 FX 5.4L

I just had the spark plugs replaced. (630 dollars) Also had the fuel filter replaced. Almost rusted through!! Then I found out both coil springs need replacing. Got an estimate for $600+ !!!!!!!! What the hell is Ford building? Who thought up the spark plugs for this thing??? I've been a Ford driver for 25 yrs. Thinking of trading for a GMC!!!!!!! What a piece of crap this truck turned out to be!!!!!!!!!!! Never buy a 5.4 !!!!!!!!!!! Engine is junk!!! I had a 97 F150 with a 4.2 V6 in it. Good truck. At 177K, it blew a head gasket. Was going to cost over a grand to change it. Traded it for this 04. Bad move!!!!!!!! Next truck will be a GM 5.3.

- , Mineral Point, WI, USA

Jul 042014

F-150 XLT 4.6L V8

I noticed the front tires were wearing on inside. Got underneath and saw both coil over shock springs were broke in the same place as I've seen others described- toward the bottom where the spring diameter gets smaller to rest on bracket attached to shock. This is obviously a class problem- either a design defect or a manufacturing defect

- , Louisville, KY, USA

Jun 232014

F-150 FX V8

I take care of this truck, no off road and only drive it on weekends. I think there is a defect with this vehicle that Ford won't admit.

- , Industry, PA, USA

Oct 062011

F-150 Lariat 5.4L

Left front spring cracked on the lowest bottom end of spring. Left side of truck dropped almost 2 inches. Truck pulled to the right while driving. Lucky i was not on the hwy. Went to dealer to research issue and i was told that this has been an issue. Most of the trucks have had both coil springs brake. I replaced both front springs with aftermarket pre loaded strut & spring asys. It was cheaper than buying ford factory springs.

- , Forest Hill, MD, USA

Aug 022010

F-150 XLT 4.6L

This truck has been a piece of junk. Never taken off road, only on highways, why would a coil spring break. Apparently it is a very common problem with this truck along with the windows dropping, spark plugs popping, etc. etc.

- , Cayuga, ON, Canada