8.2

1. replace window regulator (299 reports)
  3. fixed it myself so I don't have to be ripped off by Ford (24 reports)
  4. replace window regulator with 2006 and newer regulator (16 reports)
  5. replace elevator cable (15 reports)
  6. Ford paid for most of the fix (10 reports)
2004 Ford F-150 windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

2004 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 21 of 31)

Feb 022009

F-150 XLT 5.4L

Was going to work on the night shift. Never even touched the button, just slid down an all that cold air started coming in! Had to return home and get my TOYOTA sedan. I will have two TOYOTA'S when I get rid of the Ford!

- , Milano, TX, USA

Dec 262008

F-150 SuperCrew

This is window number 1. Just a matter of time before the other three fall.

- , Fremont, CA, USA

Feb 032009

F-150 SuperCrew

This is the second window that has fell into the door in the last two months.

Don't even want to drive the truck because I'm worried about being stuck somewhere when the other two windows fall. The window regulators in this thing are a piece of crap.

Class action?? I'm in

- , Fremont, CA, USA

Dec 012008

F-150

Started the car and heard a very loud bang. I thought my car had been hit by something. Then the driver window automatically rolled down very fast on it's own, into the door. It sounded like smashing glass. I could not get it up or down. Went to dealer and spent 2 hours and $400.00 to fix it. Today, 2/2 the same noise and the same problem. This time it was the passenger rear window. This will most likely be another $400.00.

- , San Juan Capistrano, CA, USA

Feb 032009

F-150

The car is only 4 years old and to have two windows go smashing into the door tells me this is a common problem with this F-150 truck. I am looking to see if any other people have experienced the same problem with their truck. Thanks.

- , San Juan Capistrano, CA, USA

Sep 172008

F-150 Xlt Lariat V8 5.8L

Stopped rolling up one day, wont respond to switch. Out of warranty now of course :(

- , La Mesa, CA, USA

Jul 072008

F-150 Lariat 5.4L V8

The middle of hot summer day and the window suddenly falls inside the door. Called a buddy I have that's works at a ford dealership, and he tells me this has become something they are starting to see quite often.

Jan 242009

F-150 Lariat 5.4L V8

This is the 3rd window that has fallen that has fallen in the last 6 months. Ford needs to make this right. Looks like this problem has gotten pretty large.

Oct 252008

F-150 Lariat 5.4L V8

2nd window that has fallen. 1st time it was the drivers side front, this time drivers side back. Called the dealer and he says they are seeing this quite often.

Jan 172009

F-150 FX4 5.4L V8

I was shocked at when the dealership told me it was going to cost $364.00 to fix my window that wouldn't roll up. It has been -25 degrees here in Michigan this past week so I felt I had no choice to have it fixed. Man I was pissed. Now I am even more mad seeing that this is a common problem! It is no wonder the automotive companies find themselves in the situation they are in boasting quality reliability and most of all "Ford" toughness!

- , Ortonville, MI, USA

Jan 182009

F-150 5.4L V8

I finally for the first time in my life get a vehicle that is half way nice that i haven't had to redo from the ground up and I had it for three f*#$ing months and the drivers window gos to sh#*. I am really upset for lack of a better term and if anyone has an idea on how to fix the problem without it happening again you could please let the rest of us know some how it would be really helpful. (Like maybe FORD for example!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

- , Vinton, IA, USA

Jan 152009

F-150 Lariat

this just happened to my husband's f150 lariat-4door. he was driving and he heard a very loud pop or bang. then all of a sudden his window rolled down. he tried to roll it back up and could not. he had to drive for 45 minutes in 40 degree weather with his window broken.

i reported this to nhtsa. they said that this is not under investigation as of today.

i also called ford and they said to contact our local ford dealer.

i called the local ford dealer and they said it would be about $400.00.

help...

- , Winter Garden, FL, USA

Oct 072008

F-150 S Crew Lariat 5.4L V8

Window falls down into the door???????? WTH? Apparently, the regulator in the door has many cheap plastic parts that wear out and cause the wire to come off track. Can't just replace the plastic- have to replace the whole regulator. Warranty comes through again!

- , Irving, TX, USA

Jan 092009

F-150 4.6L

I was pulling out of my drive way and the Driver's side window fell down into the door. I wasn't operating the window, it just fell. I was shocked to see so many others have had this same complaint and Ford has not done anything to improve the situation. They shouldn't get any government money when they knowingly put out defective products and make the consumer carry the burden. The $150 repair cost I quoted only included the cost for an after market regulator. the dealer part costs $$241.50. So that doesn't include labor. This is pitiful.

- , Clinton, MS, USA

Aug 122008

F-150 Supercrew 4.6L V8

My 2004 F-150 Supercrew had all 4 regulators go out within a month. At at $200 each, can't afford to fix it, called Ford Customer Service, explained problem, gave VIN and operator said "Well Sir, your out of Warranty, not exactly sure why your calling"....This is the 8th Ford Truck/SUV that I've owned, and will be the VERY LAST Ford I own.

- , Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 102008

F-150 Supercrew V8

Can you believe it? This is the 3rd window to go out in less than a year. Ford claims there is no recall and won't fix the 4th one which I'm sure will go out too. This is ridiculous!

Jan 042008

F-150 Supercrew V8

The window wasn't even being used and it fell into the door leaving the cab open to the elements. Of course, Ford fixed it but charged me $100. This was the first of all 4 windows to go out within 18 months.

May 152008

F-150 Supercrew V8

Another window fell down the door leaving the cab open. No notice and I wasn't even using the window at the time that it broke. What's with that? Two windows in a few months.

Nov 192008

F-150 FX4 5.4L

Everyone with the Problem needs to file a report with NHTSA, that is the organization that puts pressure on the Automakers to do recalls and these window failures falling into doors is nothing short of a HUGE SAFETY HAZARD! Driving down the highway or in traffic and having your window fall and possibly shatter could cause the driver of the vehicle to be distracted and cause an accident, there are numerous reports here and elsewhere about peoples windows falling and shattering in the door while driving, I Have had 2 window failures so far and the second window fell with such force it set my car alarm off and I was not even driving the vehicle! This is a serious Safety Issue that Ford needs to address and do a recall on........ here is the website to file your complaints, you will need your VIN # for completing the complaint form, Also demand from ford customer care that they replace all of your window regulators with the newest Part # Window Regulator!

Thats right folks, According to the Ford Parts Person I spoke to the other day the window regulator part 3 has changed now 3 times and he stated that Ford NEVER changes the Part # unless there is a physical change to the part and he stated they have had "issues" with these regulators thus the change, he stated that the newest version has been beefed up around the plastic clip that keeps breaking off, hopefully the newest versions have corrected the problem but as you can see just by the fact that Ford has changed the part # 3 times they KNOW about this problem and now they need to fix this safety hazard on all of our windows, I am requesting from Ford that they replace ALL 4 Window Regulators in my vehicle, the 2 that broke and the 2 that eventually will break, my vehicle only has 38,000 miles on it and 50% of the windows should not be inoperable!

Call Ford Customer Care and Demand they FIX this Safety Issue! and File your complaints here with NHTSA! Remember you will need your VIN #

- , Littleton, CO, USA

Dec 212008

F-150 Supercrew XLT 4.6L V8

Second cable problem in less than a week. First passenger side rear window fell into door and did not want to come back up. Had to replace by a friend and cost me $175. A week later the same thing happened to my driver side window. This is a really bad design on Ford's window assembly. They should re-design and have a re-call on existing window systems. Have had several Fords, but this is the first truly annoying problem.

- , New Braunfels, TX, USA