2.2

2005 Ford F-150 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford F-150:

2005 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 282010

F-150

I have a 2005 Ford F150 super crew pickup truck. As driving in a parking lot heard a very loud crash coming from a drivers to work a raise my arm to protect myself from flying glass that was expecting to contact me at my looked at the and/or glass it was still intact. The sound startled everyone in the car and including small children in the back seat. I stopped the car and checked to make sure everybody was okay which they were. I had to disassemble the door panel so that I could get the window and up as it was chilly outside. The following day I checked on the internet to see what was involved and replacing this broken window regulator and found that this is an extremely common problem on Ford truck's from 2004 - 2008. I contacted the Ford dealer and they stated that there was no recall or service bulletin. I suffered no injury but the potential is certainly there for a very large number of vehicles.

- Beaufort, SC, USA

Mar 292010

F-150

This is the second time my window regulator failed in my truck. I was on the freeway and the regulator popped and the window fell. This, alone, scared me enough to make a jolt in my truck and secondly created quite a problem while driving on the freeway. If the weather conditions were not as good as they were, it would have been a serious problem.

- Los Alamitos, CA, USA

Jun 272008

F-150

Multiple window regulator assembly failures during normal use of the vehicle and even parked in some instances. It happens randomly and causes much stress. If you are driving in the extreme heat, snow or a heavy rain storm you can do nothing about it. If you have passengers especially small children they will have to suffer until you can get to a service station or have the tools on hand to fix it. Once the window falls you are exposed to the elements with no protection from having the window up. The window falls into the door and you cannot get the window back up unless you take the door panel off and manually shove the window up and place something there to hold it. I have had the parts replaced every time and it continues to happen and to multiple people. It has happened to me five times in three years.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA