7.0

2. replace fuel control module (1 reports)
2006 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford F-150:

2006 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jun 132011

F-150 XLT 5.4L

Truck still looks showroom new, always garaged. Drove home and parked it in the garage as always. Went to start the following morning and it would not fire at all. Had it towed to the Ford Garage to find the fuel control module was bad. 600 parts were on national back order at that time and there were three other identical models setting at the same shop with the same problem as mine. No aftermarket parts available and it took over three weeks to get the part to get mine back on the road. Should be a recall but nothing so far. I am hanging on to my receipt just in case!!!

- , New Concord, OH, USA

Aug 182008

F-150 XL 4.2L V6

The starting in my F-150 is either really hard (which it vibrates and rumbles to start) or the engine just does not start. It does this at random, I do not know what the problem is but I saw on MSN autos that it has something to do with the fuel injectors and I can believe that because the injectors are extremely loud and sounds like a diesel. This is very annoying and embarrassing for a modern car, I have a 2000 Mitsubishi and 175,000 miles and it starts up every time no question. I wonder about the American car companies and the quality, but that could explain their troubles now and why nobody buys their cars.

- , Houston, TX, USA