2007 Ford F-150 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford F-150:

2007 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Mar 042013

Hauling my daughter's basketball team back from king city, ca on us 101 northbound. Accelerated to merge on to highway, engine coughed, lurched, coughed, lurched, shook and finally proceeded. Took it to the shop and was told that a bad spark plug had fried my coil. That explained some of it. I was told by the service manager to bring it back before 100K miles, and I did. Now I am told that all the remaining spark plugs are effected, but they don't see any issue when they run diagnostics. Therefore, it cannot be repaired. Great. Just made the last payment on it too.

- Aptos, CA, USA

Oct 102012

I have a 2007 F150 at the time of incident my family and I were in ct and were doing approximately 45 mph on a highway. The truck began to buck violently and dropped to 20mph with out a warning or lights. Then it started to run normal then started the same thing all over 20 minutes later. Come to find out that the spark plugs needs to be replaced. No garage will touch it due to Ford poor design Ford says it will cost approximately five hundred dollars plus due to the poor design the spark plugs can brake in the cylinder heads. They said it can be $50 per broken spark plug and possibly more if the plug cannot remove broken part. I should only pay for plugs not Ford design floor which need to be recalled.

- Shrewsbury, MA, USA

Aug 202012

F-150 8-cyl

2007 F150 5.4 engine oil dipstick does not seat into the dipstick tube properly, approx 1/2", causing the engine oil level to always show 1/2 quart low level.

- Cazenovia, NY, USA

Feb 042012

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the engine became inoperable. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic who advised that the failure could have been a manufacturing defect. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the failure was from the interior of the engine. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and advised the contact that the only way the vehicle could be repaired is if the contact could provide the manufacture with proof that the vehicle was having an oil change performed every three months and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 90,000 and the current mileage was 94,000.

- Boorhees, NJ, USA

Jul 252012

F-150 8-cyl

Want me to spend $689 to change spark plugs due to possible breaking of plugs at removal. Apparently this is a known problem.

- Cohutta, GA, USA

May 232012

F-150 8-cyl

Vehicle was sitting in a parking spot at a post office. I started the vehicle and did not give it any gas and the engine revved to 6000 RPM's. not knowing what happened, I turned the engine off. I started it again and it did the same thing but started to come down in the RPM's but I still turned engine off. I started it a third time and it revved again but came back to normal RPM's. all this without giving it any gas. In April of this year the same thing happened to my other F-150 that is a 2005 which I will also file a detailed report on following this report. The Ford dealership said it was the throttlebody and it had to be replaced. They said other Ford were having the same problem but Ford has not done a recall and has failed to recognize the seriousness of this problem. As you will see in my report on my 2005, it could have resulted in a fatality due to this issue. Looking at blogs in the internet, others have had this same problem. My wife was driving the 2005 approaching a stop sign entering into a very busy street and the engine revved and pulled the vehicle into oncoming traffic before my wife was able to depress the emergency brake and bring the vehicle to a stop. The same issue according to the Ford dealership was the throttlebody.

- Tampa, FL, USA