2.2

2007 Ford F-150 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford F-150:

2007 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 012013

F-150 8-cyl

Three times since January 1, 2013 my Ford F-150 has accelerated on its own. Each time I was traveling less than 10 mph. Each time I had to put the truck into neutral and turn it off. The RPM's went over 3000 and my foot was not on the gas. Each time I checked to make sure there was nothing hung up in the gas peddle like carpet or trash. I took my truck to Ford country in las vegas and the service writer said I was dreaming that something like that could not happen. I assure you that my truck accelerated on its own three times at speeds less than 10 mph. I would like to find out if this is a reported problem with a fix. I do not feel safe driving my truck in town and especially in traffic where it might accelerate on its own and hurt someone. Any information that you need I can provide. I am willing to let you put any type of monitoring device on my truck so if or when it happens again you can see the results. Thank you for your time.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

May 032013

F-150 8-cyl

The vehicle gear shift can be moved at anytime without depressing the brake or the release button both when driving at 60 mph or the vehicle is parked in my yard. Easily a child can move the vehicle into gear and start it rolling or bring it to a dead stop while driving on the highway by just bumping into it. I contacted Ford and they were unwilling to help with this obvious safety issue. Which will now cost me over $800 to fix. This amount seems excessive and I fear will keep many people who experience this dangerous problem from fixing it because the vehicle otherwise performs fine. I have contacted salvage companies who have stated that their price on this part is what it is because they can sell these parts all day indicating that this is a common problem. Ford will not recognize the defect in the vehicle. How long should a shifter lever last? I'm 48 yrs old, I have owned many vehicles some with many more miles than this one and I have never had an issue with this part. Hopefully you can persuade the Ford Motor Company to do the right thing and stand behind their products and institute a recall for this part.

- Gilford, NH, USA

Apr 042013

F-150 8-cyl

Went to start truck at home and it would not start. Engine would turn over, but would not start. I had vehicle towed to the Ford dealership. Told by the Ford service manager that it probably was the fuel control module located by the rear spare tire and they have replaced many of them. The Ford dealership confirmed it and replaced the fuel control module. My cost $312.83. We average 160 inches of snow per year. Long winters and lots of salt.

- Gaylord, MI, USA

Mar 092013

F-150

I was driving down the highway towing a trailer weighing about 4, 000 lbs. We were traveling approx 45mph when the truck had no throttle response and stalled. After stopping at a major intersection I had to call 911 because I was blocking traffic. They had to call a tow truck capable of towing truck and trailer out of the intersection. After the tow bill and local Ford dealer sinking their teeth into me the total was $518. ## VIN failed ##

- Canonsburg, PA, USA

Oct 112010

F-150 8-cyl

I returned my Ford F-150 to the dealership for the third time to correct the problem with the brake pedal traveling past the accelerator pedal during normal braking. Ford is not recognizing the problem and the dealership sales manager acknowledges he has replicated the problem intermittently; however, because Ford refuses to acknowledge the problem there is nothing they can do. I have seen this problem reported in other cases on the NHTSA website, and I believe it is time for NHTSA to investigate before deaths are reported from braking/accelerating through stop signs/lights and hitting or being hit by someone. I believe the problem is somehow also related to the front brake rotors warping within a short period of time (20K - 30K miles).

- Rossville, IN, USA

Aug 112010

F-150 8-cyl

After replacing the front brake rotors and brake pads during 8/07/10 - 8/10/10 to try and alleviate a problem with the brake pedal traveling past the accelerator when braking (normal braking), I had to return to the dealership with the same problem. It is a safety issue as I cannot allow anyone else to drive the truck who is not familiar with the problem. The dealership kept the vehicle from 8/11/10 through 8/25/10 with the service manager driving it every day to and from work to see if the problem could be replicated. The service manager said he noticed the same problem with the brake pedal going past the accelerator with normal braking; however, did not happen everytime. I agreed with that. After the service manager called the factory representative to discuss the problem, the factory representative said there is not a known problem and the braking system was within specifications. I was told by my dealership that Ford does not recognize the problem and they could not resolve the issue for me. It appears to be a design problem, as I drove several 2007 and 2008 F-150's that the dealership had on the lot. Each one of them had the problem I noted above. The 2009 F-150 does not have the braking problem I found out when I test drove one. The service manager at my dealership told me that the entire braking system was re-designed for the 2009 model year.

- Rossville, IN, USA

Jan 162013

F-150 8-cyl

I was driving down a township road and my truck just shut off with no warning and would not start again had to get it towed luckily I wasn't on a bigger road or else it could have been a serious accident didn't know my truck just shut down in the middle of the road at first. It ended up being the fuel pump driver module which was put right on the frame and it causes corrosion if the part is that important to where it just makes your truck shut off it shouldn't be where it is. I feel these should be recalled before there is a serious accident.

- Alvada, OH, USA

Nov 062012

F-150

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. The contact stated that fuel was abnormally leaking from the fuel rail to the motor. The contact stated that the vehicle felt as if it had a loss of power once the failure occurred. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileage was 31,000.

- Middletown, OH, USA

Aug 252012

F-150

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F150. The contact stated that the vehicle emitted a gasoline fuel odor. The contact inspected the vehicle and found that the top of the fuel tank was separated from the bottom lining due to defective welding. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and advised the contact that the vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 07V278000 (fuel system, gasoline: Storage: Tank). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 119,000.

- Coconut Creek, FL, USA

Jul 022012

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Took to dealer for check engine lite. They found fpcm ready to crack in half. Told me I was lucky the truck made it to the shop. Excessive corrosion between frame and module result of a very poor design. Not covered by warranty. Should be a recall. They claim their replacing 2 to 3 a week. This dealer didn't even put upgrade spacer bolts on. Here I thought they were helping me!

- Binghamton, NY, USA