2.9

2010 Ford F-150 windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford F-150:

2010 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

May 292012

F-150

Went out and started my vehicle to let it warm up while I walked my dog first thing in the morning before heading to work. After running for about 5 minutes I was ready to head to work. I opened my drivers door and all the sudden heard a loud "pow" very loud. I looked around and saw the back window had exploded throwing tiny shards of glass all over. It could have exploded in a child's eyes or my dogs. The window is the rear electric heated sliding glass. The passenger side is the one that blew. I took it straight to the dealership where the lady told me she has seen several of them do that. This would have been very dangerous if it happened when I was driving, because of the loud noise and because of the flying glass. Luckily there were no children in the back seat or they would have been covered with glass. Truck is being repaired, so I don't have the access VIN right now. Now I will not use my defroster for fear the window will blow, and it also defrost my mirrors. This will result in less visibility on cold or damp days when the windows are frozen or dew on them.

- Hazel Green, AL, USA