2.8

2011 Ford F-150 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford F-150:

2011 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 092015

F-150

Driving straight on highway with no other vehicles around, back glass spontaneously shattered with no warning and nothing touching it. Suspect an already faulty rear window defroster heating element on power sliding rear pick-up truck window is at partial fault. Smelled of burning electrical in cabin just prior to breakage. Poor window quality and heating element at further fault. Also feel like I had tiny glass particles all over me as well.

- Bayou Vista, TX, USA

May 052014

F-150

Front door speakers stop or intermittently work.sometimes if you hit it it will start to work again. Had the one on right replaced and now the one on left has started to acting up. Could be a safety hazard if you try to reach down and hit it while driving.

- Kewaskum, WI, USA

Nov 072014

F-150

While driving down the road I heard a loud "pop" and found that my passenger side rear section of the back window shattered. I had to replace the whole back window as a unit and it cost $776. It appears the back defrost shorted out and broke the glass. Ford denies any culpability.

- Fairborn, OH, USA

Dec 012014

F-150

Power rear window glass has factory flaw causes rear window defroster and heated mirrors to become inoperable. There has been hundreds, if not thousands of cases of this issue. Ford will not issue a recall. They do not cover it in their top tier extended warranty programs. I was quoted over $1000 to replace whole back glass to rectify. Ford has since changed vendors for the complete back glass unit and still no recall.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Aug 242015

F-150

While taking my son to school, we were startled by a very loud noise like a gunshot or golf ball hitting what I thought was the roof of the car. The rear window shattered. We stopped and inspected the vehicle, no debris around the vehicle was found and no holes in the window that caused our back rear window to shatter. Rear defrost was in use at the time. There are numerous complaints of this happening on the web for this vehicle

- Marietta, GA, USA

May 012015

F-150

In May 2015 my 2011 Ford F150 3.5L ecoboost began making a buzzing noise in the front left fender well under the hood. From that time forward the truck makes the noise upon start-up. Once the vehicle runs for a while the noise seems to fade away but returns upon restart. A technician tried to diagnose the noise at a local repair shop but to no avail. The noise has gotten worse which prompted me to take the truck back to the repair shop to diagnose again. This time I did some research on the matter and noticed that there was some concern about the vacuum pump in some of these model trucks. Upon picking up my truck the technician informed me that he thought it was the vacuum pump and that I should take my truck to the dealership to have them diagnose the problem and that the part is only available through Ford at this time. I made and appointment with the Ford dealership with the service manager about the noise. He was familiar with the problem and said that 9/10 times the vacuum pump is the problem. He explained that Ford had switched vendors for the part and redesigned the pump in newer models and issued a (tsb) regarding the pump. Since my truck was just outside the warranty period he said I would have to pay for the repair, which was quoted at more than $900. The service manager told me that the part was on back order until mid August 2015 and that I should schedule to have the repair completed then. I asked if there was a safety hazard associated with continued driving and he said, "no, the only thing that could happen is you could lose your brakes or possibly 4 wheel drive, but you'll notice that the brakes are heavy if its going out completely." I feel that Ford should be responsible to replace the defective part that they acknowledge as a problem and have redesigned, and which can cause brake or 4 wheel drive failure putting myself and my passengers at risk.

- Morgantown, WV, USA

Jul 132015

F-150

F-150 with ecoboost 3.5L gdti engine. Electric vacuum pump that supports the brake booster stopped functioning. Brake pedal feel was hard and vehicle was difficult to stop at times. There were no signs or indicators of the malfunction, other than the hard pedal feel which came on slowly and therefore difficult to notice until vehicle was difficult to stop.

- Manassas, VA, USA

Mar 202015

F-150

While traveling a long duration at a consistent mph, low RPM, and low turbo boost pressure I began to climb a hill where more acceleration was needed to maintain mph. At time the vehicle rapidly slowed, engine light cam on, tried to add throttle to stay out of the way of approaching traffic but just continued to slow. This happened while traveling from las vegas Nevada to reno Nevada. I replaced the ignition coils and that solved the problem only to have it happen again in less than 5K miles in the same driving conditions

- Las Vegas , NV, USA

Jun 212014

F-150

Ever since the day I purchased my 2011 Ford F-150 it has had an extremely irritating as well as distracting vibration at highway speeds. Vibration is most noticeable in both driver and passenger seats as well as the floor. Have put 30K miles on it, tried new tires, numerous tire rotation/balances, even replaced rotors. No matter what I do the trucks shakes/vibrates at highway speeds. Please help!!

- Marietta, GA, USA

Feb 152015

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Turned on the remote start which apparently has a factory setting that the rear defrost automatically comes on. Come out to the vehicle and the passenger side rear slider is shattered.

- Saint Ann , MO, USA

Dec 182014

F-150

I turned on the rear defrost on my 2011 Ford F-150 with 45,000 miles on it and the R/H side of the sliding rear window shattered. It is still in one piece but there are small glass fragments of glass all over the back seat. I am sure glad my girlfriends grandson was not put in his carseat before this happened. I stopped at the local Ford dealer they took pictures and submitted it off to Ford. I get a response from them on the same day that Ford will only cover 50% of replacement cost. I see they already have 2 service bulletins on this back window and since they are offering and covering 50% they seem to be admitting their is a problem. It is all over the internet that this is happening from the 2010's all the way up to 2014 F-150S. Its a problem and Ford is not doing to much about it. Seems to me it this should go back to who ever manufactured the glass. Other then what Ford says this is a safety issue because some of these back windows are blowing right into the inside of the vehicle. Recall or not this needs to be addressed.

- Norway, MI, USA

Sep 082013

F-150

Towing a 9500# fifth wheel trailer on interstate complete loss of power shuddering and inability to accelerate.

- Lynchburg, VA, USA

May 022012

F-150 8-cyl

Radio with sync, drops audio on left channel. Ford dealer could not duplicate but changed left front speaker. Started doing it again and this time I replaced all four speakers with higher grade triaxles. Still intermittently drops left channel. This happens on radio, sirius and sync, both services and phone.

- Hampstead, MD, USA

Oct 102011

F-150

Drivers side rear view mirror vibrates excessively when radio is loud or when driving at highway speeds. Makes headlights appear blurry or flashing like emergency vehicle at night. Dealer said Ford would not pay for new mirror assembly. Have had them look into it twice. Upgrading the complaint to the next level with Ford.

- Wahpeton, ND, USA

Sep 302011

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

My new Ford F150 has recurring issues with the sync system. We drive down the road, hang up the bluetooth connected phone and the radio will begin playing at full volume and the steering wheel controls stop working, or you will be starting the car up and the air conditioning will be full blast or you will start the car and you wont have any radio/cd player/ media controls working at all. My Ford rep says that Ford does not have a fix and they don't expect one until maybe the first quarter of 2011.

- Bethlehem, PA, USA