2.9

2011 Ford F-150 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford F-150:

2011 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 142016

F-150

I was sitting in a fast food line waiting to place order. The truck was running and my right foot was on the brake. (I am a one foot driver.)the truck began to inch forward. I pressed on the brake and the engine began to accelerate. I pressed hard on the brake and the rear wheels began to spin. I slammed the gear shift into park and cut the engine off. I re-started the engine and was able to pull the truck out of the line. After re-starting the engine a couple more times I was able to drive the truck home. This occurred on October 14, 2016. I parked the truck and called my local Ford dealer. He said I needed to bring it in. I needed to move the truck in the mean time and it did it again. The truck accelerated with my foot on the brake. The Ford dealership couldn't get the truck to repeat the problem. They talked to the Ford regional manager and I was to bring the truck back when they had a service rep available to fully check it out. I chose to leave the truck at the dealership rather than risk driving it. The dealership kept the vehicle for almost two weeks, said they drove it 273 miles and couldn't get the problem to repeat. And if they couldn't get it to repeat the problem they couldn't help. The Ford regional manager said the same thing. I have a lot more notes but they pretty much say the same thing. Can you help me" I am concerned about driving the vehicle without it being repaired. Isn't there a class action lawsuit about Ford trucks doing the same or a similar thing" please let me know.

- Scott Depot, WV, USA

Aug 242016

F-150

Brakes subbend faled no warning. There was a recall for vacuum pump in break vacum system took it to Ford dealer they said it was on back order and would call when came in in June. When it acts up you have to stand on penal to stop. Was on vacation the breaks total gave out with no warning. I was forced to pay to have fixed.

- Berlin, NJ, USA

Oct 022016

F-150

Door latch will not latch. Door swung open while driving.

- Boise, ID, USA

Jul 012016

F-150

The RPM jumping around, skip gears, looses power, back tire lock up going 45 miles and gauge jump to 70 miles and RPM at 5, it as been to Ford dealerships five time, can not find a problems, this truck is very unsafe to drive, and was happen on the freeway, and no lights come

- Buckeye, AZ, USA

May 302016

F-150

My truck vibrates when driving. I've checked the fuel injectors, coil packs, gotten a tune up and it still does the same. I've had several mechanics (certified) pull codes and it keeps saying it is the coil packs (which ive replaced, no change). I was also told the truck had a short and for would have to take engine apart. Still don't know what the problem is!

- Ville Platte, LA, USA

Jul 142016

F-150

Ford F150 transmission recall, our vehicle will not go into reverse, we researched and found that there is a recall for the condition but our VIN# and vehicle are not included although our vehicle is doing the exact same thing of the other vehicles included in the recall. You get into the vehicle to leave and put the vehicle in reverse and it will not go, if you continue to try it will finally go into reverse but will not display on the dash and has no back up lights.

- Fallsmills, VA, USA

Apr 232016

F-150

Engine failure on hard acceleration. Truck did not maintain speed and recover.I had to take foot off of gas pedal for engine to recover. This occurred in Florida under passing conditions. Is NHTSA waiting for deaths or would another report from Ford that it's not a problem would do?

Mar 092016

F-150

Ecoboost continues to stall under acceleration. Fix agreed by NHTSA does not work. I recently had this checked.

Apr 202016

F-150

Rolling backwards from park in reverse the brakes ABS started pushing back on the brake pedal and allowed the vehicle to continue to drive in reverse.

- Fircrest, WA, USA

Mar 092016

F-150

Advance auto light turned on and steering control not tracking properly. Steering issue with digital control since purchase.

Feb 162015

F-150

I have taken my truck in several times for transmission problems and Ford refuses to do anything about it. I can be at a total stop with my foot on the brake and the noise it is almost as if somebody has ran into me. Rear axle and drive train are also making noises. I have attached a document that I have received from rod baker Ford for how many times the truck was brought in.

- Rosharon, TX, USA

Jan 102016

F-150

Brakes failing when cold no vacuum boost grinding noise at floor driver side brake peddle very hard to press.

- Prattville, AL, USA

Mar 022016

F-150

There are @ hoses that come out of the radiator and go into a hard plastic T-piece (part number dr3Z-8566-a) and there are O-rings inside of it. Mine started leaking and I was informed that I had to replace the whole piece no big deal. Then the dealer ship went on to tell me that they have replaced 6 in the last 2 weeks of the same exact year and model. The dealer ship is in lima Ohio. That being said if there are so many of these that are going bad and the vehicle only being 5 years old I feel like there is obviously a defect in the part/ design of it that causes it to fail.

- Kenton, OH, USA

Dec 292015

F-150

I own a 2011 Ford F150. Driving home from work last week in the dark I just got onto the highway and I heard what sounded like something hit the bottom of the truck or a gun was shot. Didn't know what happened, I then noticed the rear defroster light was not on I went to turn it on and it did not go on that is when I looked at my back window and noticed it was shattered on the passengers side. When I got home I went on the internet and saw that this was happening a lot so I contacted Ford about the window and they said that they checked there resources and verified that my vehicle is not involved in any recalls or customer satisfaction programs at this time and it must be inspected by a Ford dealership to determine the cause of any symptoms my vehicle may be experiencing. Went to Ford dealer they said that I should just go to a glass specialist to have it fixed. So I took it to a glass specialist and they said they have replaced at least 14 rear windows on Ford trucks because of this problem in the past couple months, I should call Ford and complain and hang on to my receipt.

- Cleveland, WI, USA

Nov 092015

F-150

Driving straight on highway with no other vehicles around, back glass spontaneously shattered with no warning and nothing touching it. Suspect an already faulty rear window defroster heating element on power sliding rear pick-up truck window is at partial fault. Smelled of burning electrical in cabin just prior to breakage. Poor window quality and heating element at further fault. Also feel like I had tiny glass particles all over me as well.

- Bayou Vista, TX, USA

May 052014

F-150

Front door speakers stop or intermittently work.sometimes if you hit it it will start to work again. Had the one on right replaced and now the one on left has started to acting up. Could be a safety hazard if you try to reach down and hit it while driving.

- Kewaskum, WI, USA

Nov 072014

F-150

While driving down the road I heard a loud "pop" and found that my passenger side rear section of the back window shattered. I had to replace the whole back window as a unit and it cost $776. It appears the back defrost shorted out and broke the glass. Ford denies any culpability.

- Fairborn, OH, USA

Dec 012014

F-150

Power rear window glass has factory flaw causes rear window defroster and heated mirrors to become inoperable. There has been hundreds, if not thousands of cases of this issue. Ford will not issue a recall. They do not cover it in their top tier extended warranty programs. I was quoted over $1000 to replace whole back glass to rectify. Ford has since changed vendors for the complete back glass unit and still no recall.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Aug 242015

F-150

While taking my son to school, we were startled by a very loud noise like a gunshot or golf ball hitting what I thought was the roof of the car. The rear window shattered. We stopped and inspected the vehicle, no debris around the vehicle was found and no holes in the window that caused our back rear window to shatter. Rear defrost was in use at the time. There are numerous complaints of this happening on the web for this vehicle

- Marietta, GA, USA

May 012015

F-150

In May 2015 my 2011 Ford F150 3.5L ecoboost began making a buzzing noise in the front left fender well under the hood. From that time forward the truck makes the noise upon start-up. Once the vehicle runs for a while the noise seems to fade away but returns upon restart. A technician tried to diagnose the noise at a local repair shop but to no avail. The noise has gotten worse which prompted me to take the truck back to the repair shop to diagnose again. This time I did some research on the matter and noticed that there was some concern about the vacuum pump in some of these model trucks. Upon picking up my truck the technician informed me that he thought it was the vacuum pump and that I should take my truck to the dealership to have them diagnose the problem and that the part is only available through Ford at this time. I made and appointment with the Ford dealership with the service manager about the noise. He was familiar with the problem and said that 9/10 times the vacuum pump is the problem. He explained that Ford had switched vendors for the part and redesigned the pump in newer models and issued a (tsb) regarding the pump. Since my truck was just outside the warranty period he said I would have to pay for the repair, which was quoted at more than $900. The service manager told me that the part was on back order until mid August 2015 and that I should schedule to have the repair completed then. I asked if there was a safety hazard associated with continued driving and he said, "no, the only thing that could happen is you could lose your brakes or possibly 4 wheel drive, but you'll notice that the brakes are heavy if its going out completely." I feel that Ford should be responsible to replace the defective part that they acknowledge as a problem and have redesigned, and which can cause brake or 4 wheel drive failure putting myself and my passengers at risk.

- Morgantown, WV, USA