2.8

2011 Ford F-150 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford F-150:

2011 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Dec 202016

F-150

Rear window passenger side shattered spontaneously while vehicle was parked

- Reston, VA, USA

Dec 142016

F-150

After auto starting my truck on the morning of December 14 2016.upon departing my house, I heard a loud popping noise.however I was not able to verify where it came from until I arrived at my destination. I noticed a pattern on my sliding rear window on the drivers side. Upon further investigation I discovered the window was shattered all though it was still in one piece. While researching methods of repair I discovered that this has happened over 70 times.in previous complaints it has been said that this could possibly be attributed to faulty construction or an electrical system failure that could cause a fire. I feel this is a driving hazard for both driver and occupants due to the possibility of minute glass fragments getting in eyes and causing injury and possibly a fatal accident. Therefore I feel that an immediate recall is necessary. People have lodged complaints since 2010 until present. Injury would occur if the window was to blow out causing injury or accident to other vehicles or persons following mine or others vehicles (motorcyclist)

- South Fork, PA, USA

Dec 152016

F-150

Rear sliding window exploded from electric defrosters could not see out of rear window the bang was so loud I lost control for a moment there was glass everywhere in the back seat Ford refuses to even look at it and the extended coverage wont cover the repair I can use the defroster when having small children in the back seats when its cold for the fear of injury to the children this is a option the cost big $$$$ and cant be used when it cold and having my grandchildren in the back seats Ford needs to step up on this one its not safe for many reasons I was driving on a highway and if the children were with me it could have been deadly

- Telford, PA, USA

Nov 172016

F-150

Inter cooler issue. Vehicle bucked and died, brought to dealer, repaired two coils, died on highway on way home from just picking up. Brought back to dealer, they said nothing wrong. Two days later, died again. Brought to auto zone and got diagnosed anitger bad coil. I replaced that. Niw one week later, vehicle bucks and jerks on highway.have found many complaints and say it's condensation in inter cooler system.Ford claims no knowledge of this problem or repairs other things and problem persists. System is filled was filled with condensation. Dangerous as vehicle continued to buck and not accelerate.

- West Haven, CT, USA

Dec 072016

F-150

Rear window shattered when rear defrost was running. Defrost had been running for 10 minutes. Very loud pop while I was driving on the interstate.

- Johnston, IA, USA

Dec 012016

F-150

I was driving my 2011 Ford F150 platinum on a dark chilly morning, the windows and outside mirrors were fogged so I had the rear defroster turned on. I heard a loud noise that I thought was a gunshot. I later noticed that the right side of the rear window was completely shattered. This glass was in place but cracked into thousands of pieces. I called Ford and they said that they had no information on this problem, the vehicle was out of warranty at 75000 miles so they would offer no assistance. I see that there are numerous other complaints for the exact same issue. This is obviously an manufacturing defect and should be corrected before this causes a serious incident.

- Collierville, TN, USA

Oct 142016

F-150

I was sitting in a fast food line waiting to place order. The truck was running and my right foot was on the brake. (I am a one foot driver.)the truck began to inch forward. I pressed on the brake and the engine began to accelerate. I pressed hard on the brake and the rear wheels began to spin. I slammed the gear shift into park and cut the engine off. I re-started the engine and was able to pull the truck out of the line. After re-starting the engine a couple more times I was able to drive the truck home. This occurred on October 14, 2016. I parked the truck and called my local Ford dealer. He said I needed to bring it in. I needed to move the truck in the mean time and it did it again. The truck accelerated with my foot on the brake. The Ford dealership couldn't get the truck to repeat the problem. They talked to the Ford regional manager and I was to bring the truck back when they had a service rep available to fully check it out. I chose to leave the truck at the dealership rather than risk driving it. The dealership kept the vehicle for almost two weeks, said they drove it 273 miles and couldn't get the problem to repeat. And if they couldn't get it to repeat the problem they couldn't help. The Ford regional manager said the same thing. I have a lot more notes but they pretty much say the same thing. Can you help me" I am concerned about driving the vehicle without it being repaired. Isn't there a class action lawsuit about Ford trucks doing the same or a similar thing" please let me know.

- Scott Depot, WV, USA

Aug 242016

F-150

Brakes subbend faled no warning. There was a recall for vacuum pump in break vacum system took it to Ford dealer they said it was on back order and would call when came in in June. When it acts up you have to stand on penal to stop. Was on vacation the breaks total gave out with no warning. I was forced to pay to have fixed.

- Berlin, NJ, USA

Oct 022016

F-150

Door latch will not latch. Door swung open while driving.

- Boise, ID, USA

Jul 012016

F-150

The RPM jumping around, skip gears, looses power, back tire lock up going 45 miles and gauge jump to 70 miles and RPM at 5, it as been to Ford dealerships five time, can not find a problems, this truck is very unsafe to drive, and was happen on the freeway, and no lights come

- Buckeye, AZ, USA

May 302016

F-150

My truck vibrates when driving. I've checked the fuel injectors, coil packs, gotten a tune up and it still does the same. I've had several mechanics (certified) pull codes and it keeps saying it is the coil packs (which ive replaced, no change). I was also told the truck had a short and for would have to take engine apart. Still don't know what the problem is!

- Ville Platte, LA, USA

Jul 142016

F-150

Ford F150 transmission recall, our vehicle will not go into reverse, we researched and found that there is a recall for the condition but our VIN# and vehicle are not included although our vehicle is doing the exact same thing of the other vehicles included in the recall. You get into the vehicle to leave and put the vehicle in reverse and it will not go, if you continue to try it will finally go into reverse but will not display on the dash and has no back up lights.

- Fallsmills, VA, USA

Apr 232016

F-150

Engine failure on hard acceleration. Truck did not maintain speed and recover.I had to take foot off of gas pedal for engine to recover. This occurred in Florida under passing conditions. Is NHTSA waiting for deaths or would another report from Ford that it's not a problem would do?

Mar 092016

F-150

Ecoboost continues to stall under acceleration. Fix agreed by NHTSA does not work. I recently had this checked.

Apr 202016

F-150

Rolling backwards from park in reverse the brakes ABS started pushing back on the brake pedal and allowed the vehicle to continue to drive in reverse.

- Fircrest, WA, USA

Mar 092016

F-150

Advance auto light turned on and steering control not tracking properly. Steering issue with digital control since purchase.

Feb 162015

F-150

I have taken my truck in several times for transmission problems and Ford refuses to do anything about it. I can be at a total stop with my foot on the brake and the noise it is almost as if somebody has ran into me. Rear axle and drive train are also making noises. I have attached a document that I have received from rod baker Ford for how many times the truck was brought in.

- Rosharon, TX, USA

Jan 102016

F-150

Brakes failing when cold no vacuum boost grinding noise at floor driver side brake peddle very hard to press.

- Prattville, AL, USA

Mar 022016

F-150

There are @ hoses that come out of the radiator and go into a hard plastic T-piece (part number dr3Z-8566-a) and there are O-rings inside of it. Mine started leaking and I was informed that I had to replace the whole piece no big deal. Then the dealer ship went on to tell me that they have replaced 6 in the last 2 weeks of the same exact year and model. The dealer ship is in lima Ohio. That being said if there are so many of these that are going bad and the vehicle only being 5 years old I feel like there is obviously a defect in the part/ design of it that causes it to fail.

- Kenton, OH, USA

Dec 292015

F-150

I own a 2011 Ford F150. Driving home from work last week in the dark I just got onto the highway and I heard what sounded like something hit the bottom of the truck or a gun was shot. Didn't know what happened, I then noticed the rear defroster light was not on I went to turn it on and it did not go on that is when I looked at my back window and noticed it was shattered on the passengers side. When I got home I went on the internet and saw that this was happening a lot so I contacted Ford about the window and they said that they checked there resources and verified that my vehicle is not involved in any recalls or customer satisfaction programs at this time and it must be inspected by a Ford dealership to determine the cause of any symptoms my vehicle may be experiencing. Went to Ford dealer they said that I should just go to a glass specialist to have it fixed. So I took it to a glass specialist and they said they have replaced at least 14 rear windows on Ford trucks because of this problem in the past couple months, I should call Ford and complain and hang on to my receipt.

- Cleveland, WI, USA