CarComplaints.com Notes: We aren't rating the 2015 F-150 as "bad" yet, but there is an early trend of complaints about the transmission shifting roughly.

2015 Ford F-150 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford F-150:

2015 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jan 102017

F-150

Drivers side front and rear doors either do not open when cold or do not latch when cold. Cannot open doors from the outside with physical key, key fob or remote unlocking.

- Williamston, MI, USA

Dec 202016

F-150

Supercrews rear door locks do not work electronically. Also driver door locks do not work electronically(button or key fob) or manually either inside or with key outside. Also once open, the door will not latch when closed. This happens when the temperature is below freezing. Has only happened stationary and on different days. Leaving the truck run with heat on high allows the doors to lock/latch. This is not an issue with the key lock or door seals freezing as there was no adverse weather other than the cold temperature. Dealer informed me that it happens when the temperature is 22F or colder and that they have more complaints but not enough for a recall. Informed that Ford is working on a fix and the parts are currently backorder. Saw online that it looks like this has been an issue with this style truck for over a year.

- Seward, PA, USA

Jan 092017

F-150

At freezing temperatures, the front drivers side door will not always open. If it does, it may not latch when closing and I have to drive home holding the door closed. I took it to the dealer last winter and they said they could not replicate the problem. Apparently there is a tsb from Ford identified as 15-0052. This is a nuisance at minimum and dangerous if the door will not close. My model is a super cab.

- Cheshire, CT, USA

Jan 082017

F-150

Windshield washer fluid frozen in lines. When pushing the washer fluid button while driving, the wipers would wipe but not washer fluid would come out causing a dangerous visibility situation. I took it to the dealer that day while they were still frozen and the dealer said I did have the correct windshield washer fluid in them, but they were having problems with them freezing, so they said they dumped more alcohol in the tank and said to let it thaw overnight in the garage (thankfully I have a heated garage, but many don't so I'm not sure what their solution would be). I asked the dealer to perform the tsb currently out that covers this very situation. They said they put more alcohol in the tank and it should be fine. The dealer was dahl Ford located in onalaska, wi. This even being a problem to begin with is a alarming, and a dealer not willing to fix such an important problem when it's a known issue is just as much of an alarm! secondly, my door latches also freeze on the truck when temps are below freezing. All 4 doors of my crew cab are affected. Depending on the day, it varies which one freezes. I have stopped using car washes and trying to keep my truck as dry as possible to no avail. Once these latches freeze, the door will either not lock or unlock (depending on the last position of the switch), or when you open the door and shut it, the door mechanism will not grab and hold the door shut. After repeated slammings I can usually get it to lock, but this is absolutely rediculous. I have to carry bungee cords around in case my doors won't close and I have to bungee cord them closed to drive home! I have a newborn, I can't have this crap on a truck with 20K miles! many many many many many people are having these exact same issues, I only found out how many there were after doing an online search for a fix.

- Trempealeau, WI, USA

Jan 062017

F-150

Doors will freeze shut making entry/exit of the vehicle impossible in temp's under 20* this has happened 4 times this winter alone. The cold temp is what's affecting it, since moisture was not present 3/4 times.

- Delmont, PA, USA

Dec 232016

F-150

All four doors will not open when unlocking with key, key fob, or door keypad from either side of the door; interior or exterior. This is especially dangerous in the event that the vehicle is in a crash and a passenger is unable to exit due to the door not opening or emergency crews cannot access the vehicle. The vehicle has been attempted to be repaired twice by the dealer and both times the dealer has stated that the problem has been fixed. The tsb 16-0155 issued by Ford Motor Company is not working and they will not acknowledge the vehicle issues.

- Westland, MI, USA

Jan 082017

F-150

In cold weather, the rear driver side door latches are inoperable. The door latch fails to engage, allowing the door to open while the vehicle is in motion. During right hand turns, bumps in the road, or when light pressure is applied to the driver side doors, the vehicle returns a "door ajar" warning as the door open itself. This is especially dangerous in the "supercab" configuration, as the rear door also contains the seat belt for the driver. If the door were to open fully, this could disrupt the driver's ability to control the vehicle, or potentially throw them out of the vehicle. This system failure can also be easily replicated when stationary. Open the driver's door and lightly pull on the rear door. You can see the latch failing to engage as the door move freely at the bottom instead of staying locked shut. When in motion, this problem occurs at all speeds, from parking lot maneuvers to highway travel. The first instance of this failure occurred at approximately 17. The door jambs and latch assemblies were confirmed to be free of ice, snow, or any other debris.

- West Lafayette, IN, USA

Dec 092016

F-150

When the outside temperature is less than 20 degrees Fahrenheit, the front driver side and passenger side doors will not close. They are frozen in the open position. After driving the vehicle for about 15 minutes with heat on high (this usually requires one hand holding door closed) the doors will eventually latch. Sometimes the driver side door will not unlock, even by using the key. When this occurs, I have to get in the truck through the passenger door. When I do this, the passenger door will not latch. When this happens I have to strap the door closed. This is very dangerous and troublesome as this is a new vehicle.

- Maple Grove, MN, USA

Jan 012016

F-150

My 2015 Ford F150 truck has inoperative frozen door latches.I have waited 6-8 weeks for the parts to come in. Ive had many occasions ive had to bungee my door somewhat closed to get my family home.I cannot get into my truck and when I do I cannot get the door to shut because of the inoperative door latches. I had it at a Ford dealership for a frozen door latch, inoperative tsb (16-0155) on 1/6/17. On 1/7/17 I went out to my truck and I cannot get into it even with the tsb work done the day before. They replaced some updated parts and cleaned and lubed the latches.I also have windows that freeze shut with no snow or ice holding them shut. These are major safety issues ! I have a few video recordings of me trying to get into my truck with no luck and have stopped to my dealer with a bugee holding the passenger door from opening with my 2 yr old son in the back. Ive been dealing with these problems since new.

- Springville, NY, USA

Jan 062017

F-150

2015 F-150 lariat supercrew cab door locks and tail gate become frozen in cold weather. This has been happening more often lately with cold temps in Michigan winter. Got up this morning with my kids to take them to school, got them in the car and the door would not stay closed (rear passenger). Checked the latches, the mechanics seemed to be working (handle, etc.) but I could not get the door to stay closed. Happens on the doors (all 4) and the tailgate (tailgate would not open).

- Allegan, MI, USA

Dec 142016

F-150

Bottom latch in rear door, passenger side (supercab) would not latch shut during a cold spell, causing a warning notification while driving that the rear door was open. I pulled on bottom of door and verified that the door was not latched and it would move a significant amount. Ford is aware of this and there is a Ford ssm that only dealers can see on this issue (#46260). This is a safety issue and should be a recall as I had my daughter next to this door. Many others are experiencing the same issue. Only a matter of time until someone falls out a door. What happens is moisture is running down the doors and onto the latches. It then freezes on the latch, causing them not to function properly. This especially happens after going through a car wash on a very cold day or after a rain event and then the temperature drops. Also, during the same time my front doors would not open even though the door handle would fully move. The latches internal to the door were frozen due to moisture. Ford is also aware of this issue and issued tsb 16-0155 to install rain guards above the latches.

- Monroe, OH, USA

Sep 092016

F-150

The headliner is comin off on upper the connors exactly over the sun vissors and above head rest on the rears seats the pick up in now whith 23560 miles on

- Carolina, PR, USA

Apr 102015

F-150

Require conveying title or a royalty free license to government free 20448.

- Montclair, CA, USA

Jun 012016

F-150

Running board failure on F150 2015 lariat. My 2015 lariat came with factory installed running boards which we need as my wife and I are both 68 years old. The running boards make getting in and out of the cab safe and easy, at least that is what I thought. After 9 months of ownership my wife fell while getting into the truck causing bruising and contusions to her legs. I looked carefully at the running boards after that incident and found that the rubber like treads that were supposed to provide traction when stepped on had come loose and were moving about 1/2" from side to side on the chrome metal step side platform. I took it to my dealer who inspected it and told me they would have to replace the running board. I was concerned about this so I monitored it carefully. Nine (9) months later I found that not only the passenger side as coming loose again but so was the driver side. It would appear that the rubber/plastic composite that the non slip treads are made of are simple pushed through holes in the running board steel plate material with no protection on the inserted necks of the tread from being eaten away by the edges of the holes in the plate causing the necks of the treads to deteriorate quickly due to chafing. This entire matter and the way Ford responded to my request to cover the defective parts until they can find a safe and reliable solution left me sad. My wife should not be subjected to possible serious injury for what Ford's regional manager would like to classify as a cosmetic issue. Step treads on a steel running board are a safety feature not a cosmetic add on. Ford must know by now that this issue isn't isolated to my vehicle and that they have a problem with the treads and the design in general. It is a shame they would let a $10 tread tarnish the reviews of their new aluminum body line of trucks.

- Dacula, GA, USA

Jun 032016

F-150

The vehicle is a 2015 Ford F-150 extended cab. My vehicle has not been involved in an incident, but there is a defect in the design of the seatbelt/door latches. Design of the rear doors and the latches traps the rear seat passenger in the event of the incapacitation of the front seat passenger. The rear door cannot be opened unless the front door is opened first. There is no way for a rear seat passenger to be able to open the front door in the case of an accident, and there is no alternative method of egress for rear seat passengers. This is a design defect affecting all 2015 F-150 crew cab pickups. So far there I have not had an accident, but the problem should be addressed by Ford before there are tragic results from the design error.

- Bastrop, TX, USA

Jan 042016

F-150

During temperatures below freezing (32 F) one or more of the door locks and/or latches will freeze and become inoperable. Power lock buttons will not function to unlock the door and door handles will not open the doors (from the outside). Doors have to be unlocked from the inside, by manually cycling the pull knob multiple times to loosen the frozen lock. Frozen door latches are only able to be opened from the inside (using the inside handles). At times, the frozen door locks and latches will not re-secure the doors and the doors will not lock or the latch will not secure and the door will remain unsecured/open and/or unlocked. Spoke to dealer about this issue in Feb. 2016 and was advised that Ford issued a temporary fix for the issue and a permanent fix would be coming in the next 90 days. Checked back with the dealer in the end of May 2016 - was advised that Ford still has not issued a permanent fix for the door lock/latch issue and they could give me no further information - other than the temporary fix that Ford issued over the winter only seemed to be a partial solution and was not a permanent fix. I find this to be a significant problem and defect for any new Ford F150 being driven in a northern climate. Having doors that are unable to be opened from the outside presents a safety issue as well as having door locks that are frozen shut and have to be manually manipulated from the inside in order to release the lock. Additionally, the fact that the doors and locks may not re-secure the door when closed, leaves you not knowing if you vehicle is locked or if your doors will come open while driving. In addition to being extremely frustrating, this is certainly a safety issue for owners of new F150's as the doors may not be able to be opened or unlocked during below freezing temp.'s. the truck is now one year old and still no fix/solution from Ford.

- Merrill, WI, USA

Mar 042016

F-150

The contact owns a 2015 Ford F-150. The contact stated that there were drops of radiator fluid on the floor. The vehicle was driven to a dealer where it was diagnosed with a fractured radiator and needed replacement. The mechanic also stated that the way the radiator was mounted to the body of the vehicle was what caused the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 46,000.

- Macclesfield, NC, USA

Feb 022016

F-150

Doors on my super crew cab will not open when temperatures are below 22 degrees. Doors are frozen shut. Dealer "fixed" front doors but rear doors were not fixed, parts on nation-wide back order but dealer says it is likely Ford engineers trying to solve problem with newly designed hardware.

- Beavercreek, OH, USA

Feb 182016

F-150

When cold, doors do not latch securely and door will appear a jar in gauge cluster as well as being a jar. In addition doors have popped open while in motion because they are not securely closed.

- Bloomingdale, NY, USA

Sep 012015

F-150

Frame has welds that missed their target.dealer rewelded one and ignored another. The frame also showed streaks of rust where section were overlapped. Less than a month of owning it, a few hundred miles and no road salt exposure.

- Orchard Park, NY, USA