1. total engine replacement (1 reports)
1997 Ford F-250 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford F-250:

1997 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Jul 022003

F-250 XLT

My 1997 F 250 HD Crew Cab V8 460 had 28300 miles on it (as you can see it is used on a limited basis) when the only warning I had was a check engine light. I immediately took it to a dealership about 3 miles away (Mike Pruitt Ford Lima, Ohio) They diagnosed the problem as several rings self destructing causing a blockage in the oil pump causing the engine to nearly seize. Of course the truck was more than 3 years old and Ford basically told me to take a hike or pony up 5 grand to replace it with a rebuilt engine. After replacement I noticed that there were numerous missing parts from the engine (which I had confirmed and documented at another dealership) and was told I would have to pay to get new ones. These were parts that should have been put back onto the engine after repair. The truck runs like crap and Mike Pruitt's service manager told me this is normal breakin of a new engine. This is clearly wrong! Ford has failed to even return an email or phone call regarding the issue and their customer service people just give the canned responses and hang up. Any help out there?

- , Mason, MI, USA