2008 Ford F-250 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford F-250:

2008 Ford F-250 Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jun 012007

F-250 4WD 8-cyl Diesel

2008 Ford F250. Steering suddenly failed.

- Alfred, ND, USA

Oct 212009

I have experienced an issue with my 2008 Ford F-250 where I hit a bump on the interstate and experienced the steering wheel oscillating and front end wobbling both extremely doing 65mph andwas almost thrown into a semi truck twice the same night. I had just purchased this truck back in July but had not drove it on the interstate, actually I hadn't driven it much at all. It has low mileage and is all factory. I took it to the dealership and they told me this happens all the time also they stated that Ford service recommends 75lbs tire pressure and that is all that is wrong with it. The trucks stickers recommendation is less than that. The wheels on my truck are stock factory and do not have low pressure sensors on them. I have researched several complaints on the internet about this issues and of accidents and injuries resulting from what is being called the "death wobble". I think this matter should be investigated and the problem fixed properly by Ford, not patched with tire pressure. I pull a trailer sometimes with this truck. If this happened while pulling one I am sure I would have been seriously injured or killed as in other cases I have heard about. I am scared to death to drive this truck now. Why isn't someone doing something about this. Please help us who own these vehicles. The mechanic who is a friend of mine stated that this will still happen sometimes even with the increase in tire pressure.

- Murfreesboro, TN, USA

May 012008

It happen about a month after I first got the truck. I was getting to a stop sign and the steering wheel and brakes locked, I wasn't able to turn at all and I had a really hard time braking, I had to use a lot of force to brake or to turn the wheel even a little. That happened 3 different time. At a stop sign and once at a turn light which was the worst cause I had to go straight into the opposite direction. That was all in a 2 weeks after the one month of having the truck. It was completely stock. After taking it to the dealer ship they said nothing was wrong and they couldn't do anything. 3 weeks later I bought so mud tires for it. And about 2 or 3 weeks later I started having trouble with the steering box. When id be at a stop or not moving at all, am not able to turn the wheels and it makes a weird sound when I turn the wheel. This still happens everytime time I drive when am stopping or just turned it on, anytime am not moving or steeping on the gas, am not able to turn the wheels. I took it shortly after it first happened and they test drove it and agreed something was wrong so the said they fix it. It took them a week to order parts and get it fixed, but 3 days after getting it back it started acting the same. So I took it back again and they said it was the tires I had??. but I have several friends with the same truck and tires and they have no problems. Yet they wanted me to put the stock tires back and take it to them. Haven't yet. So they told me to take it to another dealership to see what they say.

- El Paso, TX, USA