7.1

2008 Ford F-250 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford F-250:

2008 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

May 012008

F-250

It happen about a month after I first got the truck. I was getting to a stop sign and the steering wheel and brakes locked, I wasn't able to turn at all and I had a really hard time braking, I had to use a lot of force to brake or to turn the wheel even a little. That happened 3 different time. At a stop sign and once at a turn light which was the worst cause I had to go straight into the opposite direction. That was all in a 2 weeks after the one month of having the truck. It was completely stock. After taking it to the dealer ship they said nothing was wrong and they couldn't do anything. 3 weeks later I bought so mud tires for it. And about 2 or 3 weeks later I started having trouble with the steering box. When id be at a stop or not moving at all, am not able to turn the wheels and it makes a weird sound when I turn the wheel. This still happens everytime time I drive when am stopping or just turned it on, anytime am not moving or steeping on the gas, am not able to turn the wheels. I took it shortly after it first happened and they test drove it and agreed something was wrong so the said they fix it. It took them a week to order parts and get it fixed, but 3 days after getting it back it started acting the same. So I took it back again and they said it was the tires I had??. but I have several friends with the same truck and tires and they have no problems. Yet they wanted me to put the stock tires back and take it to them. Haven't yet. So they told me to take it to another dealership to see what they say.

- El Paso, TX, USA