3.7

2012 Ford F-250 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford F-250:

2012 Ford F-250 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 042013

F-250

The contact owns a 2012 Ford F-250sd. The contact stated that while driving various speeds over a road bump or pothole, the vehicle would travel out of lane without warning. The vehicle was inspected by two different dealers who were unable to locate a problem with the shocks. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic for a third opinion and they replaced four shocks. The authorized dealer reimbursed the owner for the defective shocks. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 3,000.

- Jonestown, PA, USA

Jan 152013

F-250 8-cyl Diesel

While driving 60 mph, truck hit irregularities in the road. Vehicle started shaking violently and lost control of the steering. Vehicle had to be slowed to 10-15 mph before the shaking stopped. No accident or injury occurred on this incident. Truck was taken to dealer and track bar assy / bushing was replaced. The second serious incident was @ 48,000 miles a mere 11,000 miles later. While traveling 55-60 mph through a left hand curve and crossing another irregularity in the road (bridge-pavement joint) the truck again began shaking violently and caused the vehicle to go into the oncoming lane of traffic where a log truck was traveling. The log truck was able to get on the shoulder of the road in time to prevent an accident. Again the truck had to be slowed to almost a complete stop before the shaking stopped. Truck was taken to dealer again and the only thing replaced was the track bar bushing. This vehicle is not safe!

- West Monroe, LA, USA

Jul 182012

F-250 8-cyl Diesel

Traveling on bumpy roads at 55 to 60 mph the front end will start to shake so violently that in order to maintain control I had to brake and pull to the side of the road. This happened several times in a day and I took the truck into a Ford dealer in Minnesota. This dealership put a dampener on the front end and I thought it was solved. However, the problem has started again in Jan of 2013. This is a very serious shake and I feel it will cause a accident if not resolved.

- Mckinney, TX, USA

Apr 132012

F-250

In Jan. 2012 I purchased a Ford F-250 rated to tow 14,000 lbs. I traded in a Ford F-150 rated at 7,700 lbs. When I hooked my camper to my 2000 F-150 the truck did not sag or squat at all. Looking to upgrade, I spoke to several sales people at several different dealerships. I was assured that the F-250 Super Duty would by far out perform my old truck. It does not. This new F-250 squats so bad it is ridiculous. On 6-18-12 I took my truck to the dealer at which I purchased the truck and complained of this matter, only to be told there is nothing wrong with the springs. Yet, the service manager said he would send me to a third party out of state shop, to have springs made and split the cost with me, because that was cheaper than using genuine Ford springs. This is unacceptable, as I did not spend thousands of dollars on a new Ford only to have someone else fix Ford problems. I contacted Ford H.Q. and explained my situation. After being on hold for some time, the person at H.Q. explained that he had spoke to, and there was no problem with my truck. I feel strongly that my decision to buy this truck, was based largely on fraudulent statements made by both Ford sales people and Ford literature alike. I have witnesses to the statements of the sales personnel, as well as to the fact that my old truck did not sag at all. I also have pictures of new truck hooked to trailer and sagging. ## information redacted pursuant to the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. 552(B)(6)

- Stevensville, MD, USA