6.7

$1,450.00

2001 Ford F-350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford F-350:

2001 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Aug 152008

F-350 Fleet 6.8L

ford admitted no responsibility for the issue of blowing out spark plug

- , Anacortes, WA, USA

Oct 052010

F-350

I was on the way home from work, 65 miles from home and blew the spark plug on the interstate. Had to pull over. At this point I knew exactly what it was. I looked under the hood and found that the #2 spark plug had blown out. I had multiple people stop to help, including some religious people who didn't want to help with the truck problem, but wanted to save my soul. You can imagine the state of mind by the time the tow truck came. I had a HUGE towing bill, not to mention the cost of the repair. This time it was put back in with Loctite. I had been stranded, accosted and had a repair bill, not to mention the loss of use of my truck. At this point I'm wondering if this thing would ever pull anything again.I would be nervous to use it because I wouldn't want to be broken down on the side of the road with a trailer full of horses.

- , Potosi, MO, USA

Sep 252010

F-350

Prior to the spark plug blowing out the wife said she heard a ticking noise on the passenger side of the truck. I never could hear it, but that could be from hearing loss. Upon going for grocerys I started up the truck, heard a loud bang and looked under the hood. I found the spark plug laying in the front of the engine. Turned off truck and found it was the number 3 plug blown out. Had to have it towed and fixed. We had a HeliCoil kit installed and we're told that should work. Our mechanic checked all the other plugs and said that another one had been a little loose, but that it was ok. It held for several weeks.

- , Potosi, MO, USA