6.0

1. keep driving it until it quits completely (2 reports)
  3. replace camshaft position sensor/recall (1 reports)
2002 Ford F-350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Ford F-350:

2002 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Dec 312011

F-350 7.3L

Unsure of what to do. The engine just shut off while driving at 70 miles per hour, towing a horse trailer with two horses. Not a comfortable situation! Since you lose power steering and brakes, i don't want to put myself and my horses in danger until this thing is fixed!

- , Jonesborough, TN, USA

Apr 222007

F-350 XLT 7.3L Diesel

Problem is initially intermittent (truck dies, but immediately restarts.) It takes progressively longer to get the truck started, and eventually it will not restart. If the problem is the camshaft position sensor, the tach will not register any rpm while you're cranking the engine. Ford currently has a recall on this part.

- , Leesville, LA, USA

Aug 112007

F-350 EXT CAB 7.3L L DESIEL

When driving or at idle engine just quits. Ran a engine diagnostic check on it and it came back as "P0344" Camshaft Position sensor Circ Interm ( bank 1/1 Sens.) anyone have research on that?

- , Louisville, KY, USA

Oct 232006

F-350 XLT

I have a 2002 Ford F-350 7.3L Turbo Diesel. It runs great most of the time but the last 10,000 miles I have started having a problem with it shutting off while driving. At first it seemed to only happen once every 2-3 weeks but now it seems to be getting more frequent. It's very erratic. Sometimes the RPM just drops to zero and then it will start going again w/o me doing anything. Other times I have to stop and it will start up with no problems. Lately though I seem to have to sit 2-3 minutes before it will fire back up and then drive away with no problems. I have changed the fuel filter w/ no help.

- , Goldsboro, NC, USA

Jan 032006

F-350 7.3l Diesel

This truck runs absolutely wonderful except when it rains, or when it is very humid. Then it will cut out, jerking if running over 55, then the engine light comes on. If the truck is coasting or idling, or when I make a turn, it will die without warning. I have changed the fuel filter, air filter, and added fuel additive. the fuel additive seems to help a little, but this problem persists, and i hope it doesnt die when im making a left in oncoming traffic. the only other symptom, if related, is an intermittent clicking sound coming from the relay that controls the brake lights.

- , Allendale, IL, USA