1. change egr cooler (2 reports)
2004 Ford F-350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford F-350:

2004 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

May 212011

F-350 Superduty 6.0L

I bought my truck in 2006, its a 2004, 1st of all I paid $2600.00 for an extended warranty for 5 yrs. They started my warranty from 2004. That is wrong, very wrong and they pretty much told me thats how it is. I have taken my truck into the dealership the first yr I purchased vehicle and have been till this date June 19, 2011. Unbelievable!!! I have had problems with lack of power numerous of times, clunking noise, numerous of times. My truck has been in the shop over 2 dozens time. Im at a point of so much frustration, I can't even write it on paper because it has been such a problem and inconvenience for me and my family.

They now want $5000.00 for the repair to replace the EGR cooler and valve. OH, MY GOODNESS!!!!! Can someone please help me. The service writer told me he is not owning this repair, mind you he called me on a Friday evening at 5:00pm when they closed shop for the weekend. Now how am I do deal with that!!! Someone explain to me what to do and since this concern as been the problem with many others F-350 6.0L Diesel SuperDuty's. Why is it not a RECALL! The dealership told me, yeah, this is a major concern for all of the vehicles. HELLO!, why can't FORD do something about it. My truck has less than 50k miles. And they told me this won't be the last time I will have to change my EGR cooler and valve. We purchased this vehicle to last up to 100k miles, not to be having numberous repairs on it. Needless to say, the amount of money we've purchased it for. HELP! HELP!HELP!

- , Kahului, HI, USA

Jan 152008

F-350 HD 6.0L

This is a common problem on ford with a 6.0l engine,

beg God that happen under warranty.

- , Manassas, VA, USA