7.3

2. passenger door shorted fuse, disassembled lock (1 reports)
  3. replace door lock actuator (1 reports)
2000 Ford Focus accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Focus:

2000 Ford Focus Owner Comments

Jun 022010

Focus SE 2.0L Zetec Dohcam

My key fob would not unlock the doors, so I just put the key into the driver's side door and it won't unlock the door either. So I'm thinking (wistfully hoping) that it is just the fuse. Weeelll, fuse number 63 is BEHIND the fuse panel and it is okay. So for over a week I am going ghetto and crawling very ungracefully into the passenger side and getting violated by the hand brake and the stick shift and falling with a thud into the driver's seat. Once I can't take it one more day, I go to my mechanic and he says it's the door lock actuator. The Ford place says the part is $250 if I have the anti-theft system (which I do). I'm just about ready to paint mine orange and call it the General too. Then I could run and jump into the open window and look way cool (which would work if I wasn't almost 50 and slightly...okay, fairly overweight). But it is ridiculous that this locks the driver door and it can't be opened. That is dangerous. This really should be a recall.

- , Winston-Salem, NC, USA

Aug 172009

Focus SE V4

Again, bought this car March of last year, doors everything was just peachy for the first few months, Now I find that on ocassion my rear doors will not unlock. Yes they are power locks, yes we've checked the fuses yadda yadda, I've got children that ride around in that thing! Definitely not safe if something should happen and they can't get out...most assuredly annoying but not the first nor the last of my problems with this car...I do not believe I will ever buy another Ford

- , Richland, M.O, USA

Feb 192006

Focus SE

There is always something wrong with this vehicle! The automatic door locks stopped working the same time the key got stuck in the ignition. The manual says to replace a fuse located on the "back side of the fuse panel", ok, where is that??? no one seems to know. Can anyone tell me!? I miss not being able to lock my doors without having to walk around the car. Winter is coming and I am not looking forward to dealing with this problem again.

- , Chambersburg, PA, USA

Mar 122007

Focus

My power locks stopped working. I tried to replace the fuse, and when I used the remote, or the interior button, it would blow the fuse. I have not taken it to the dealer yet, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue.

- , Cincinnati, Ohio, USA

Nov 202006

Focus V4

This happened when the car was still under warranty. It took one month to fix and they had to fly someone out from Ford to do it. If I would have had to pay for it, it would have cost $1000. Now, 6 years and 60K miles later it's happened again! The passenger side front door and the trunk open with the key, but not the front door. Even the rocker lock won't work, so the driver's side front door won't open at all. Therefore, the car is not safe to drive.

Anyone know how to fix this?

- , Portland, OR, USA

Sep 092006

Focus SE

It cost $109.63 just to have it looked at. They replaced 4 fuses before they realized that the passenger door had an internal short that blew the fuse. I was charged for all 4, is that right?

They disabled the lock on the passenger door so the fuse wouldn't blow. remote finally worked, but power button still doesn't work on driver side door, only rocker button. can not afford cost to fix passenger door at this time. Cost at least another 126.00.

- , Boscawen, N. H, USA