- June 19: Ford Wins Lincoln Town Car Airbag Lawsuit news | 8 days ago
- June 3: Ford PowerShift Transmission Lawsuit Includes Fiesta and Focus news | 24 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 30 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls F-150, Explorer and Super Duty Over Bad Welds recalls | 33 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls Trucks With Aftermarket Door Handle Covers recalls | 33 days ago
2013 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one --- it's always been a headache.
Worst 2013 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems199NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problems25NHTSA complaints: 231
- interior accessories problems24NHTSA complaints: 8
- electrical problems16NHTSA complaints: 123
- steering problems15NHTSA complaints: 73
- fuel system problems12NHTSA complaints: 40
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 57
- clutch problems9NHTSA complaints: 9
- windows / windshield problems8NHTSA complaints: 4
- exterior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 28
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems2
- cooling system problems2
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 523
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 22
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 59
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 27
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 12
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.