- February 11: Ford Wins $3 Million Ford Ranger Lawsuit on Appeal news | 11 days ago
- February 1: Ford Sudden Deceleration Lawsuit Aims At Throttle Body System news | 21 days ago
- January 26: Ford Recalls F-150, Focus and C-MAX recalls | 27 days ago
- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 40 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 52 days ago
2013 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one --- it's always been a headache.
Worst 2013 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems185NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problems22NHTSA complaints: 231
- interior accessories problems21NHTSA complaints: 8
- steering problems13NHTSA complaints: 73
- electrical problems12NHTSA complaints: 123
- clutch problems9NHTSA complaints: 9
- body / paint problems8NHTSA complaints: 57
- fuel system problems7NHTSA complaints: 40
- windows / windshield problems7NHTSA complaints: 4
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 8
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 28
- AC / heater problems2
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 523
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 22
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 59
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 27
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 12
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.