- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 9 days ago
- November 28: Ford Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Dropped by Plaintiffs news | 13 days ago
- November 25: 2016 Ford Explorer Throttle Body Lawsuit Investigation Opened news | 16 days ago
- November 8: Ford Focus Purge Valve Focus of Lawsuit news | 33 days ago
- November 5: Ford Door Latch Recall Closes Ford Focus Investigation investigations | 36 days ago
2013 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one --- it's always been a headache.
Worst 2013 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems169NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problems22NHTSA complaints: 226
- interior accessories problems18NHTSA complaints: 7
- electrical problems12NHTSA complaints: 117
- steering problems11NHTSA complaints: 68
- clutch problems9NHTSA complaints: 8
- body / paint problems7NHTSA complaints: 54
- windows / windshield problems7NHTSA complaints: 4
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 35
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 8
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 26
- AC / heater problems2
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 503
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 54
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 26
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 21
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 12
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.