- August 19: Ford Focus EVAP Purge Valve Lawsuit Survives Dismissal Bid news | 4 days ago
- August 13: Ford Faces Exhaust Odor and Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- August 10: Three Police Officers Sue Ford Over Carbon Monoxide Exposure news | 13 days ago
- August 2: Lawsuit Says Ford Lifted Trucks Have Wrong Jacks and Spare Tires news | 21 days ago
- August 1: 'Built Ford Tough' is Mere 'Puffery,' Says Federal Judge news | 22 days ago
2013 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one --- it's always been a headache.
Worst 2013 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems210NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problems27NHTSA complaints: 231
- interior accessories problems26NHTSA complaints: 8
- electrical problems17NHTSA complaints: 123
- steering problems17NHTSA complaints: 73
- fuel system problems13NHTSA complaints: 40
- body / paint problems11NHTSA complaints: 57
- clutch problems10NHTSA complaints: 9
- windows / windshield problems8NHTSA complaints: 4
- exterior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 28
- suspension problems5NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems3
- cooling system problems2
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 22
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 523
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 59
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 27
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 12
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.