- October 26: Ford Recalls Escapes and Mercury Mariners to Fix Gas Leaks recalls | 1 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls Mustangs and Trucks Over Risk of Fires recalls | 1 days ago
- October 16: MyFord Touch Lawsuit Certified Class-Action in Nine States news | 11 days ago
- October 16: Ford Says Power Steering Lawsuit Shouldn't Be a Class-Action news | 11 days ago
- October 12: Ford Edge and Lincoln Continental Recalled recalls | 15 days ago
2013 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one --- it's always been a headache.
Worst 2013 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems164NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problems21NHTSA complaints: 218
- interior accessories problems17NHTSA complaints: 7
- electrical problems12NHTSA complaints: 116
- steering problems10NHTSA complaints: 64
- clutch problems8NHTSA complaints: 7
- body / paint problems7NHTSA complaints: 52
- windows / windshield problems7NHTSA complaints: 3
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 8
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 23
- AC / heater problems2
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 489
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 30
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 51
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 26
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 18
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 12
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.