- September 26: Jury Rules Ford Escape Airbag Caused Man to Kill Himself news | 1 days ago
- September 22: Ford Shattering Sunroofs Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 5 days ago
- September 8: Ford Recalls 2.3 Million Vehicles Over Door Latches recalls | 19 days ago
- August 28: Ford Explorer Exhaust Lawsuit Settled by Parties news | 30 days ago
- August 25: Ford Recalls 113,000 Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 33 days ago
2013 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one --- it's always been a headache.
Worst 2013 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems159NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problems21NHTSA complaints: 214
- interior accessories problems16NHTSA complaints: 7
- electrical problems12NHTSA complaints: 114
- steering problems10NHTSA complaints: 60
- clutch problems7NHTSA complaints: 7
- windows / windshield problems7NHTSA complaints: 3
- body / paint problems6NHTSA complaints: 50
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems2
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 483
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 28
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 53
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 26
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 17
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 12
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.