- March 27: Ford Transmission Lawsuit Settlement Agreed Upon by Parties news | 2 days ago
- March 27: Ford F-150 Door Latch Lawsuit Says Latches Freeze news | 2 days ago
- March 24: Ford Edge Door Ajar Light Recall Not Necessary, Say Feds investigations | 5 days ago
- March 22: Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Says Cars Overheat news | 7 days ago
- March 20: Ford Explorer Police Vehicles Get Carbon Monoxide Detectors news | 9 days ago
2013 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one --- it's always been a headache.
Worst 2013 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems191NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problems23NHTSA complaints: 231
- interior accessories problems21NHTSA complaints: 8
- electrical problems14NHTSA complaints: 123
- steering problems14NHTSA complaints: 73
- clutch problems9NHTSA complaints: 9
- body / paint problems8NHTSA complaints: 57
- fuel system problems8NHTSA complaints: 40
- windows / windshield problems7NHTSA complaints: 4
- exterior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 28
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems2
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 523
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 22
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 59
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 27
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 12
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.