- May 16: Ford Antifreeze Leak Recall May Not Be Good Enough news | 6 days ago
- April 23: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Lawsuit Dismissed by Judge news | 29 days ago
- April 5: Ford Door Sensor Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 47 days ago
- April 1: Ford Recalls F-250 Trucks Over Rollaway Dangers recalls | 51 days ago
- March 30: Ford Recalls Escape, Fiesta ST, Fusion and Transit Connect After 29 Fires recalls | 53 days ago
2013 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one --- it's always been a headache.
Worst 2013 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems194NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problems23NHTSA complaints: 231
- interior accessories problems22NHTSA complaints: 8
- electrical problems15NHTSA complaints: 123
- steering problems15NHTSA complaints: 73
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 57
- fuel system problems10NHTSA complaints: 40
- clutch problems9NHTSA complaints: 9
- windows / windshield problems7NHTSA complaints: 4
- exterior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 28
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems2
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 523
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 22
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 59
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 27
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 12
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.