- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 9 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 21 days ago
- December 27: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan ABS Problems Investigated investigations | 26 days ago
- December 21: Ford Recalls 9,400 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 32 days ago
- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 51 days ago
2008 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Even though the first model year of a major redesign should typically be avoided, Ford did a good job & the 2008 Ford Focus doesn't appear to have any major defects.
That said, the following model years of this 2nd generation Focus (2009-2011) do appear to be slightly better.
Worst 2008 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- suspension problems48NHTSA complaints: 20
- interior accessories problems39NHTSA complaints: 4
- wheels / hubs problems15NHTSA complaints: 31
- transmission problems14NHTSA complaints: 5
- electrical problems10NHTSA complaints: 41
- engine problems10NHTSA complaints: 28
- body / paint problems9NHTSA complaints: 34
- AC / heater problems7NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems6NHTSA complaints: 5
- exterior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 28
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 3
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- cooling system problems2
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- clutch problems1
- lights problems1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 11
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.