- September 22: Ford Shattering Sunroofs Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 4 days ago
- September 8: Ford Recalls 2.3 Million Vehicles Over Door Latches recalls | 18 days ago
- August 28: Ford Explorer Exhaust Lawsuit Settled by Parties news | 29 days ago
- August 25: Ford Recalls 113,000 Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 32 days ago
- August 7: France Finds Emissions Problems in 86 Vehicle Models news | 50 days ago
2008 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Even though the first model year of a major redesign should typically be avoided, Ford did a good job & the 2008 Ford Focus doesn't appear to have any major defects.
That said, the following model years of this 2nd generation Focus (2009-2011) do appear to be slightly better.
Worst 2008 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- suspension problems48NHTSA complaints: 20
- interior accessories problems39NHTSA complaints: 4
- wheels / hubs problems15NHTSA complaints: 31
- transmission problems14NHTSA complaints: 5
- body / paint problems9NHTSA complaints: 31
- electrical problems9NHTSA complaints: 38
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 26
- AC / heater problems7NHTSA complaints: 1
- fuel system problems7NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 26
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- clutch problems1
- cooling system problems1
- lights problems1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 10
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.