- March 27: Ford Transmission Lawsuit Settlement Agreed Upon by Parties news | 1 days ago
- March 27: Ford F-150 Door Latch Lawsuit Says Latches Freeze news | 1 days ago
- March 24: Ford Edge Door Ajar Light Recall Not Necessary, Say Feds investigations | 4 days ago
- March 22: Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Says Cars Overheat news | 6 days ago
- March 20: Ford Explorer Police Vehicles Get Carbon Monoxide Detectors news | 8 days ago
2008 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Even though the first model year of a major redesign should typically be avoided, Ford did a good job & the 2008 Ford Focus doesn't appear to have any major defects.
That said, the following model years of this 2nd generation Focus (2009-2011) do appear to be slightly better.
Worst 2008 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- suspension problems49NHTSA complaints: 20
- interior accessories problems39NHTSA complaints: 4
- wheels / hubs problems15NHTSA complaints: 31
- transmission problems14NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problems11NHTSA complaints: 28
- electrical problems10NHTSA complaints: 41
- body / paint problems9NHTSA complaints: 34
- AC / heater problems7NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems6NHTSA complaints: 5
- exterior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 28
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 3
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- cooling system problems2
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- clutch problems1
- lights problems1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 11
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.