- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 9 days ago
- November 28: Ford Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Dropped by Plaintiffs news | 13 days ago
- November 25: 2016 Ford Explorer Throttle Body Lawsuit Investigation Opened news | 16 days ago
- November 8: Ford Focus Purge Valve Focus of Lawsuit news | 33 days ago
- November 5: Ford Door Latch Recall Closes Ford Focus Investigation investigations | 36 days ago
2008 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Even though the first model year of a major redesign should typically be avoided, Ford did a good job & the 2008 Ford Focus doesn't appear to have any major defects.
That said, the following model years of this 2nd generation Focus (2009-2011) do appear to be slightly better.
Worst 2008 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- suspension problems48NHTSA complaints: 20
- interior accessories problems39NHTSA complaints: 4
- wheels / hubs problems15NHTSA complaints: 31
- transmission problems14NHTSA complaints: 5
- electrical problems10NHTSA complaints: 38
- body / paint problems9NHTSA complaints: 34
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 26
- AC / heater problems7NHTSA complaints: 1
- fuel system problems7NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 28
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- clutch problems1
- cooling system problems1
- lights problems1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 10
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.