- September 22: Ford Shattering Sunroofs Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 3 days ago
- September 8: Ford Recalls 2.3 Million Vehicles Over Door Latches recalls | 17 days ago
- August 28: Ford Explorer Exhaust Lawsuit Settled by Parties news | 28 days ago
- August 25: Ford Recalls 113,000 Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 31 days ago
- August 7: France Finds Emissions Problems in 86 Vehicle Models news | 49 days ago
2012 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
Worst 2012 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems177NHTSA complaints: 18
- interior accessories problems71NHTSA complaints: 11
- steering problems34NHTSA complaints: 270
- engine problems30NHTSA complaints: 326
- windows / windshield problems29NHTSA complaints: 13
- electrical problems26NHTSA complaints: 162
- exterior accessories problems22NHTSA complaints: 97
- body / paint problems18NHTSA complaints: 272
- AC / heater problems14NHTSA complaints: 2
- clutch problems12NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems12NHTSA complaints: 18
- fuel system problems8NHTSA complaints: 64
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 54
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 45
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 21
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 660
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 161
- lights problemsNHTSA: 9
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.