- October 16: MyFord Touch Lawsuit Certified Class-Action in Nine States news | 6 days ago
- October 16: Ford Says Power Steering Lawsuit Shouldn't Be a Class-Action news | 6 days ago
- October 12: Ford Edge and Lincoln Continental Recalled recalls | 10 days ago
- October 4: Feds Investigate Brake Failures in 2015-2016 Ford F-150 Trucks investigations | 18 days ago
- October 4: Ford Throttle Body Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
2012 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
Worst 2012 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems179NHTSA complaints: 18
- interior accessories problems73NHTSA complaints: 12
- steering problems41NHTSA complaints: 296
- engine problems32NHTSA complaints: 331
- windows / windshield problems30NHTSA complaints: 14
- electrical problems27NHTSA complaints: 166
- exterior accessories problems23NHTSA complaints: 106
- body / paint problems18NHTSA complaints: 276
- AC / heater problems14NHTSA complaints: 2
- clutch problems12NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems12NHTSA complaints: 18
- fuel system problems9NHTSA complaints: 69
- seat belts / air bags problems5NHTSA complaints: 47
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 55
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 21
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 671
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 166
- lights problemsNHTSA: 9
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.