- February 11: Ford Wins $3 Million Ford Ranger Lawsuit on Appeal news | 13 days ago
- February 1: Ford Sudden Deceleration Lawsuit Aims At Throttle Body System news | 23 days ago
- January 26: Ford Recalls F-150, Focus and C-MAX recalls | 29 days ago
- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 42 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 54 days ago
2012 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
Worst 2012 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems189NHTSA complaints: 18
- interior accessories problems79NHTSA complaints: 13
- steering problems52NHTSA complaints: 345
- engine problems36NHTSA complaints: 345
- windows / windshield problems33NHTSA complaints: 15
- electrical problems28NHTSA complaints: 175
- exterior accessories problems23NHTSA complaints: 120
- body / paint problems20NHTSA complaints: 281
- fuel system problems17NHTSA complaints: 78
- AC / heater problems16NHTSA complaints: 2
- clutch problems12NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems12NHTSA complaints: 18
- seat belts / air bags problems6NHTSA complaints: 52
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 59
- cooling system problems2
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 717
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 169
- lights problemsNHTSA: 9
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.