- January 13: Ford Recalls 816,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 9 days ago
- January 1: Ford Power Steering Lawsuit Denied Class-Action Certification news | 21 days ago
- December 27: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan ABS Problems Investigated investigations | 26 days ago
- December 21: Ford Recalls 9,400 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 32 days ago
- December 2: Ford Recalls 680,000 Fusion, Mondeo and Lincoln MKZ Cars recalls | 51 days ago
2012 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
Worst 2012 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems188NHTSA complaints: 18
- interior accessories problems79NHTSA complaints: 13
- steering problems50NHTSA complaints: 342
- engine problems36NHTSA complaints: 342
- windows / windshield problems32NHTSA complaints: 15
- electrical problems28NHTSA complaints: 174
- exterior accessories problems23NHTSA complaints: 119
- body / paint problems20NHTSA complaints: 280
- AC / heater problems15NHTSA complaints: 2
- fuel system problems15NHTSA complaints: 77
- clutch problems12NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems12NHTSA complaints: 18
- seat belts / air bags problems5NHTSA complaints: 51
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 59
- cooling system problems2
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 715
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 169
- lights problemsNHTSA: 9
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.