- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 2 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls F-150, Explorer and Super Duty Over Bad Welds recalls | 5 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls Trucks With Aftermarket Door Handle Covers recalls | 5 days ago
- May 22: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Fumes Plague Police news | 8 days ago
- May 16: Ford Antifreeze Leak Recall May Not Be Good Enough news | 14 days ago
2012 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
Worst 2012 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems208NHTSA complaints: 18
- interior accessories problems85NHTSA complaints: 13
- steering problems60NHTSA complaints: 345
- engine problems40NHTSA complaints: 345
- windows / windshield problems34NHTSA complaints: 15
- electrical problems30NHTSA complaints: 175
- body / paint problems26NHTSA complaints: 281
- exterior accessories problems25NHTSA complaints: 120
- fuel system problems18NHTSA complaints: 78
- AC / heater problems16NHTSA complaints: 2
- clutch problems15NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems13NHTSA complaints: 18
- seat belts / air bags problems7NHTSA complaints: 52
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 59
- cooling system problems2
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 717
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 169
- lights problemsNHTSA: 9
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.