- March 30: Ford Recalls Escape, Fiesta ST, Fusion and Transit Connect After 29 Fires recalls | 0 days ago
- March 30: Ford Door Latch Recall For Fiesta, Fusion and Lincoln MKZ recalls | 0 days ago
- March 29: Ford Recalls F-450 and F-550 Trucks to Replace Driveshafts recalls | 1 days ago
- March 29: Ford Recalls 2017 Edge SUVs to Fix Windshield Headers recalls | 1 days ago
- March 27: Ford Transmission Lawsuit Settlement Agreed Upon by Parties news | 3 days ago
2012 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
Worst 2012 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems194NHTSA complaints: 18
- interior accessories problems81NHTSA complaints: 13
- steering problems56NHTSA complaints: 345
- engine problems36NHTSA complaints: 345
- windows / windshield problems33NHTSA complaints: 15
- electrical problems29NHTSA complaints: 175
- exterior accessories problems24NHTSA complaints: 120
- body / paint problems24NHTSA complaints: 281
- fuel system problems17NHTSA complaints: 78
- AC / heater problems16NHTSA complaints: 2
- clutch problems13NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems12NHTSA complaints: 18
- seat belts / air bags problems6NHTSA complaints: 52
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 59
- cooling system problems2
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 717
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 169
- lights problemsNHTSA: 9
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.