- September 22: Ford Shattering Sunroofs Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 4 days ago
- September 8: Ford Recalls 2.3 Million Vehicles Over Door Latches recalls | 18 days ago
- August 28: Ford Explorer Exhaust Lawsuit Settled by Parties news | 29 days ago
- August 25: Ford Recalls 113,000 Vehicles in 2 Recalls recalls | 32 days ago
- August 7: France Finds Emissions Problems in 86 Vehicle Models news | 50 days ago
Multiple Shifting Problems
2012 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 20,418 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 51 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (37 reports)
- replace automatic clutch (6 reports)
- swapped it for another...ford says their is no solution (4 reports)
- replace clutches (2 reports)
- fixed (1 reports)
- ford forced to buy back focus (1 reports)