- October 26: Ford Recalls Escapes and Mercury Mariners to Fix Gas Leaks recalls | 2 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls Mustangs and Trucks Over Risk of Fires recalls | 2 days ago
- October 16: MyFord Touch Lawsuit Certified Class-Action in Nine States news | 12 days ago
- October 16: Ford Says Power Steering Lawsuit Shouldn't Be a Class-Action news | 12 days ago
- October 12: Ford Edge and Lincoln Continental Recalled recalls | 16 days ago
2012 Ford Focus
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
Worst 2012 Focus transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- multiple shifting problems52
- shudder and vibration sounds on takeoff44
- transmission failure29
- hesitation in lower gears17
- transmission as a whole no good10
- transmission malfunction error message8
- upshifts too soon, loses power and speed, dangerous7
- rolls backward while in gear6
- slipping on gear change6
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission13
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.