- November 28: Ford Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Dropped by Plaintiffs news | 4 days ago
- November 25: 2016 Ford Explorer Throttle Body Lawsuit Investigation Opened news | 7 days ago
- November 8: Ford Focus Purge Valve Focus of Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
- November 5: Ford Door Latch Recall Closes Ford Focus Investigation investigations | 27 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 28 days ago
2012 Ford Focus
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
Worst 2012 Focus transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- multiple shifting problems53
- shudder and vibration sounds on takeoff47
- transmission failure31
- hesitation in lower gears17
- transmission as a whole no good11
- transmission malfunction error message8
- upshifts too soon, loses power and speed, dangerous8
- slipping on gear change7
- rolls backward while in gear6
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission13
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.