- July 17: Ford Lawsuit Claims Steering Defects in Ford Fusion and Focus Cars
- July 12: Investigation Looks at Steering Problems in 500,000 Ford Cars
- July 9: Ford Recalls Cars and SUVs for Flying Roof Glass and Roll Away Danger
- June 29: Ford Dealers Told How to Fix Rough Idle and Rattle Noise
- June 25: Ford Recalls F-150 Over Steering Problems, Tells Owners to Park Trucks
2012 Ford Focus
Worst 2012 Focus transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- multiple shifting problems35
- shudder and vibration sounds on takeoff4
- transmission failure2
- upshifts too soon, loses power and speed, dangerous2
- hesitation in lower gears1
- rolls backward while in gear1
- transmission malfunction error message1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission12
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.