- March 18: Ford Door Ajar Sensor Lawsuit Says Warning Lights Stay On news | 2 days ago
- March 16: Ford Explorer Exhaust Fumes in the Cabin Causes Lawsuit news | 4 days ago
- March 14: Ford Focus and Fusion Recalled For Clutch Problems recalls | 6 days ago
- March 14: Ford Recalls 1.4 Million Cars For Steering Wheels That May Fall Off recalls | 6 days ago
- March 5: 2016 Ford Shelby GT350 Mustang Transmissions Overheat: Lawsuit news | 15 days ago
Multiple Shifting Problems
2012 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 22,800 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 56 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (39 reports)
- replace automatic clutch (6 reports)
- swapped it for another...ford says their is no solution (5 reports)
- replace clutches (3 reports)
- fixed (1 reports)
- ford forced to buy back focus (1 reports)