- June 30: Ford Windshield Recall Includes Broncos and Rangers recalls | 4 days ago
- June 27: Ford F-150 Lightning Recall Issued Over Tire Pressure Values recalls | 7 days ago
- June 20: Electric Vehicle Emergency Response Guides Improving: NTSB news | 14 days ago
- June 19: Ford Mustang Mach-E SUVs Losing Drive Power: Recall recalls | 15 days ago
- June 19: Ford Bronco Recall Issued For Child Safety Locks recalls | 15 days ago
Multiple Shifting Problems
2012 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 25,650 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 60 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (41 reports)
- replace automatic clutch (6 reports)
- swapped it for another...ford says their is no solution (6 reports)
- replace clutches (3 reports)
- ford forced to buy back focus (2 reports)
- fixed (1 reports)