- May 9: Ford Explorer Recall Includes 661,000 Vehicles recalls | 2 days ago
- April 27: Ford Mustang Transmission Lawsuit Survives news | 14 days ago
- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 44 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 46 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 53 days ago
Multiple Shifting Problems
2012 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: You should probably steer clear of the 2012 Focus. Otherwise, you might not be able to steer at all.
The 2012 is the first Focus to offer Electronic Power Assist Steering (EPAS). It's also the first year with massive power steering failure. These things are not mutually exclusive.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 25,650 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 59 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (41 reports)
- replace automatic clutch (6 reports)
- swapped it for another...ford says their is no solution (6 reports)
- replace clutches (3 reports)
- fixed (1 reports)
- ford forced to buy back focus (1 reports)