- July 20: 2013 Ford Escape Stalling Problems Investigated investigations | 1 days ago
- July 18: Ford Recalls 550,000 Escapes and Fusions For Rollaway Dangers recalls | 3 days ago
- July 17: Ford Takata Class-Action Lawsuit Receives Preliminary Approval news | 4 days ago
- July 5: Ford 6.7 Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Systems Illegal news | 16 days ago
- July 4: Ford Explorer Exhaust Leak Recall Needed: Safety Group news | 17 days ago
2016 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Ford Focus & its "Powershift" transmission has a defect trend where the car shudders when accelerating, especially when starting uphill.
Most owners have reported their Ford Focus remains driveable while the vehicle is still at low mileage, but the shuddering is annoying & unpleasant & may reduce the resale value of the vehicle.
However, owners of higher-mileage vehicles from earlier 3rd generation Focus model years report transmission failure & a host of other major & expensive transmission-related problems. Potential buyers beware.
Worst 2016 Ford Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems20
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- cooling system problems2
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 24
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 43
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 10
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 9
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 6
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2016 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.