- May 19: Ford Recalls Super Duty Trucks Over Steering Wheel Clock Springs recalls | 7 days ago
- May 19: Ford Engine Fires: Park Your Expeditions and Lincoln Aviators Outside recalls | 7 days ago
- April 29: Ford Explorers Recalled Over Driveshaft Failures recalls | 27 days ago
- April 27: Ford Destination Charge Lawsuit Sent to Arbitration news | 29 days ago
- April 26: Ford Recalls F-250, F-350, F-450 and F-550 Super Duty Trucks recalls | 30 days ago
2016 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Ford Focus & its "Powershift" transmission has a defect trend where the car shudders when accelerating, especially when starting uphill.
Most owners have reported their Ford Focus remains driveable while the vehicle is still at low mileage, but the shuddering is annoying & unpleasant & may reduce the resale value of the vehicle.
However, owners of higher-mileage vehicles from earlier 3rd generation Focus model years report transmission failure & a host of other major & expensive transmission-related problems. Potential buyers beware.
Worst 2016 Ford Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems26NHTSA complaints: 12
- engine problems7NHTSA complaints: 148
- steering problems5NHTSA complaints: 31
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 135
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 8
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- cooling system problems2
- AC / heater problems1
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 18
- clutch problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 339
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 74
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 51
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 12
- lights problemsNHTSA: 9
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 8
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2016 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.