- November 9: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Investigation Closed investigations | 4 days ago
- November 5: Ford Recalls Fusion and Lincoln MKZ Vehicles recalls | 8 days ago
- October 28: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 16 days ago
- October 24: Ford Focus Canister Purge Valve Recall Issued recalls | 20 days ago
- October 16: Ford F-250 and F-350 Tailgates Opening Without Warning investigations | 28 days ago
2016 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2016 Ford Focus & its "Powershift" transmission has a defect trend where the car shudders when accelerating, especially when starting uphill.
Most owners have reported their Ford Focus remains driveable while the vehicle is still at low mileage, but the shuddering is annoying & unpleasant & may reduce the resale value of the vehicle.
However, owners of higher-mileage vehicles from earlier 3rd generation Focus model years report transmission failure & a host of other major & expensive transmission-related problems. Potential buyers beware.
Worst 2016 Ford Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems21
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- cooling system problems2
- engine problems2NHTSA complaints: 28
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 62
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 15
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 13
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 7
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 7
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
- interior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2016 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.