- October 27: Ford Fusion Loose Steering Wheel Bolts Investigated investigations | 21 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls Transit Vans After Reports of Fires recalls | 22 days ago
- October 26: Ford Recalls 2017 F-150 Over Transmission Problems recalls | 22 days ago
- October 25: Ford Recalls 2018 F-150 Trucks For Shift Lever Problems recalls | 23 days ago
- October 22: Ford Explorer Class-Action Settlement Awaits Appeal Court news | 26 days ago
2008 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Even though the first model year of a major redesign should typically be avoided, Ford did a good job & the 2008 Ford Focus doesn't appear to have any major defects.
That said, the following model years of this 2nd generation Focus (2009-2011) do appear to be slightly better.
Worst 2008 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- suspension problems49NHTSA complaints: 20
- interior accessories problems39NHTSA complaints: 4
- wheels / hubs problems15NHTSA complaints: 31
- transmission problems14NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problems12NHTSA complaints: 28
- electrical problems11NHTSA complaints: 41
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 34
- AC / heater problems8NHTSA complaints: 1
- windows / windshield problems6NHTSA complaints: 5
- exterior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 28
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 3
- cooling system problems3
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- clutch problems1
- lights problems1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 11
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2008 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.