- December 13: Stop Underrides Act: Large Trucks and Trailers Need Guards news | 2 days ago
- December 1: Ford Recalls 2018 Expedition, 2017 F-53 and F-59 recalls | 14 days ago
- December 1: Ford Recalls 202,000 Explorer SUVs and F-150 Trucks recalls | 14 days ago
- November 25: 2010 Ford Fusion Power Steering Assist Faults Investigated investigations | 20 days ago
- November 19: Feds Deny Ford and Mazda Petitions to Delay Takata Airbag Recalls news | 26 days ago
2013 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one --- it's always been a headache.
Worst 2013 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems214NHTSA complaints: 5
- interior accessories problems28NHTSA complaints: 8
- engine problems28NHTSA complaints: 231
- electrical problems21NHTSA complaints: 123
- steering problems20NHTSA complaints: 73
- fuel system problems16NHTSA complaints: 40
- body / paint problems12NHTSA complaints: 57
- clutch problems11NHTSA complaints: 9
- windows / windshield problems8NHTSA complaints: 4
- exterior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 28
- AC / heater problems5
- suspension problems5NHTSA complaints: 8
- cooling system problems2
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 523
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 22
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 59
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 27
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 12
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.