- October 18: Ford Recalls 1.3 Million F-150 and Super Duty Trucks recalls | 1 days ago
- October 17: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Recall Needed, Safety Group Says news | 2 days ago
- October 13: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Fears Will Be Calmed news | 6 days ago
- September 27: Ford Recalls F-150, F-650 and F-750 Trucks in 3 Recalls recalls | 22 days ago
- September 16: Ford Explorer Wheel Hub Bearing Assemblies Recalled recalls | 33 days ago
2013 Ford Focus
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one --- it's always been a headache.
Worst 2013 Focus Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems212NHTSA complaints: 5
- interior accessories problems27NHTSA complaints: 8
- engine problems27NHTSA complaints: 231
- electrical problems18NHTSA complaints: 123
- steering problems18NHTSA complaints: 73
- fuel system problems13NHTSA complaints: 40
- body / paint problems12NHTSA complaints: 57
- clutch problems10NHTSA complaints: 9
- windows / windshield problems8NHTSA complaints: 4
- exterior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 28
- suspension problems5NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems3
- cooling system problems2
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 22
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 523
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 59
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 27
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 12
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Focus Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Focus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Focus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Focus.