- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 17 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 19 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 26 days ago
- March 12: Ford Tire Recall Affects F-150, F-250, F-350, Escape recalls | 33 days ago
- March 12: Ford Recalls 2.9 Million Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 33 days ago
Transmission Lags, Shifts Roughly
2013 Ford Focus (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: Ford changed a lot of things for its 3rd generation, just none of them were a good idea.
The transmission tends to hesitate and jerk when accelerating. The new electronically-driven power steering can fail suddenly and without warning. Even Ford's SYNC can be a headache. Actually, scratch that last one — it's always been a headache.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 12,800 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 39 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (29 reports)
- replaced clutch discs (3 reports)
- a 2014 recall letter from ford about transmission problems (2 reports)
- tsb 13-4-18 (google it) (2 reports)
- updated module software (2 reports)
- replace clutch (1 reports)